An open apology re: Bo Whoop

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
rhpierce

An open apology re: Bo Whoop

Post by rhpierce »

Gentlemen,

I apologize for being quite so vocal regarding the hunt at Beaver Dam. I should have phrased my opinion better, or kept my mouth shut until I had thought it through more. I am sorry for offending any of you.

I am sure it was a pleasure to get to see the Fox in action and swing it on some ducks. I have been very happy to know that Nash's gun is not a pile of rust in a road ditch in Arkansas and that it can be seen by all who enjoy Nash's stories rather than just by one or two who pull it out of the safe once in a while.

Best,

RH Pierce
Stan Hillis

Re: An open apology re: Bo Whoop

Post by Stan Hillis »

You're a big man for making that apology, rh, though I feel it was not necessary. But, if you do, it was the right thing. No hard feelings here, by any means. You are a lucky man, indeed, to live in "Duck Central", USA. I make the pilgrimage to the L' Anguille or the White, or both, annually. I usually take my HE as well, as I did last year. You have every right to feel the way you do about Bo Whoop, even if I don't feel exactly the same. You certainly did not offend me. I understand where you are coming from, I promise. As special as Bo Whoop is, and as special as the time I spent with it was, I see it as only a gun ....... a special gun, admittedly, but only a machine that was built by man. I am a great fan of Mr. Nash, and have hunted on Beaver Dam myself with my own HE, near to where he used to hunt. I really believe he would be pleased to know that his big Fox was used again at Beaver Dam. If I had been the fortunate winner of Bo Whoop at auction at Julia's, and had donated it to the DU Museum, I think I would be very pleased to know that it occasionally took a "tall one" at Beaver Dam. But, and again, that is just my opinion, and is worth no more than what you paid for it.

All my best, SRH
rhpierce

Post by rhpierce »

Mr. Hillis,

Thanks for the response. Glad you get to come out here and gun; I see so many more Benellis and Berettas and 870's and "new" guns down here during the season than classics. If you come down this season, shoot me a message in advance if you can and at the very least maybe we can get together for a good meal. I'll hit you up to share some Fox knowledge with me.

Hunting at Beaver Dam with my HE is on my list. I have to push my friend a little harder to get some reloading done with some lighter pressure loads of ITX for it this fall. If they work out, I will be shooting my Fox much more...just want to make sure I don't mess her up...

I am on a waiting list to lease a portion of an oxbow/cypress brake. It will most likely be the 2017 season; if I manage to get it, we'll have to get our schedules together and have you come gun over wooden decoys. Another gentleman who will be in the lease with me has a straight-stocked HE; three Supers in the blind would be a fun morning. Unlimber them and see if some "tall ones" can be had...

Best,

RHP
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

Will do, rh, and thank you very much for the invitation. Most of my hunting for the last 12-14 years has been near Caldwell, on the L'Anguille, in a big beaver deadening. Some dear friends own it and farm there. I hunt ducks with them in the winter, and they try to come here for turkeys in the spring. But, I also have friends a little south of there at Marianna, where I hunt occasionally, too.

How far are you from Caldwell/Forrest City?

SRH