2016 Spring Southern Warm Up at Drake Landing on 4/21

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
SmithShady

2016 Spring Southern Warm Up at Drake Landing on 4/21

Post by SmithShady »

Hello Fox Nation!

It's been discussed in several posts already this year, but we will once again be having a "warm up" shoot for the Spring Southern out at Drake Landing on Thursday April 21st. This is not an AHFCA Sponsored event, but there will be a number of the Fox Board members in attendance for this shoot, and we'd love to have you join us. I've been in contact with Dan Andrews, the owner of Drake Landing and he's been gracious enough to host us again this year and to provide Lunch and possibly dinner options on Thursday. Last year between the Parker, LC Smith and Fox organizations we had 30 plus people join us for this shoot. If you've never been to Drake Landing, it's one of the best sporting clays venue's around, with two full 13 station courses and a nice covered 5 stand. Last year several of us shot three rounds in one day, shooting both courses and then a "best of" round shooting our favorite 13 stations across both courses. I'd like to get a preliminary headcount of shooters for Dan so he will know how much food to prepare for the event. If you plan to be there, please let me know by responding to this thread. Everyone is welcome, and don't worry if you're by yourself, you won't be for long. :D

Pricing for Drake's

Round of 50 with Cart = $35 per shooter
Round of 100 with Cart = $58 per shooter
Single cart fee for the whole day of shooting, and a 10% discount if you shoot multiple rounds

Lunch will be 2 meats and several sides with drinks provided for $20 per person
Dinner would be something like a Ribeye Steak, Salad, Baked Potato and desert for $30.
The food is outstanding, and you won't go hungry!

We'll be meeting in the parking lot at Drake Landing around 8:30 that morning, and will start shooting when the course opens at 9:00 AM. We typically meet for some gun show and tell and then squad up and head out for the morning round. If you're looking for early access to guns that will be for sale at the Southern, it's not a bad place to be either. I know of several people selling nice Foxes and Parkers at the Southern who are coming to this event, and this is a great place to get first crack at them! If you can't make it in the morning, feel free to come whenever you can on Thursday. If you find yourself in town on Wednesday, we even have a group of 8-10 who plan to shoot all day Wednesday, and some on Friday and Saturday as well before heading to Deep River. I look forward to seeing you there!

Check Drake Landing out here for the address and more information. http://drakelanding.net/

Thanks,

Mike Smith
"Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson
DarylC

Re: 2016 Spring Southern Warm Up at Drake Landing on 4/21

Post by DarylC »

I'll be there on Weds. @ noon and plan on shooting all 4 days and eating Dan's wonderful grub. I'll also have a few Parkers to sell.
See you there.
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

I will be there Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I will Not have anything for sale but will have a a few nice guns to share!
Can't wait!
CableguyJJS3

Post by CableguyJJS3 »

Count me in fellas, I'll be there Wednesday morning. Can't wait to shoot that fantastic course again!! See you guys in a few weeks. Jim
3birddogs

Post by 3birddogs »

I'll be there Thurs, Fri, Sat. Bringing a friend, who will shoot with us on Thurs, then will go on to the Southern. He is one of the best shots I've ever had the pleasure to shoot with and one hell of a nice guy. He was won the 16 and 20 ga events at the Southern before. He is going to shoot the 16 event with one of my Foxes.
May every spring from now until eternity throb with the drum roll of your wings(RogerLatham)
C.O.B.

Post by C.O.B. »

I'll be there Wed at noon with lots of shells. The new Fox won't be there until Thursday am this is like waiting for X-Mass :lol:
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

We plan on shooting there Thursday.