Upcoming Events

AHFCA lists all upcoming events on this Forum. Be sure to check back frequently to see what exciting shooting events, displays, and meeting are scheduled.
Jeff S

Upcoming Events

Post by Jeff S »

Last year I attended the NE S x S classic at Hidden Hollow. I enjoyed the event and I hope to attend again this year. If my memory is correct, there is another "Fox" event in April and I think it's called the "Southern". Can anyone tell me the dates, and the location of that event? Jeff
Researcher

Re: Upcoming Events

Post by Researcher »

The Southern isn't really an A.H. Fox Collector's Association event. Some of our board members and a number of members will likely be there, but The Southern is the home of the Parker Bros. vs L.C. Smith Challenge.
Share the knowledge
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

We have had a Fox Collectors table in the past at the Southern but we have decided not to display this Spring.
It is a big undertaking and time commitment not to mention the cost to do a display. The burden has fallen on the same members and we have not had any new blood step up to the plate so we are reducing the number of events where we will exhibiting. We will be at Hausmann's and the Northern both in Pennsylvania in full strength and most likely Las Vegas in 2017.
We will have a Fox Banner out at the Southern displayed at the back of one of our trucks so members will have a meeting place, look for us in the parking lot. Craig Larter
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

Yeah, what Craig said. Hausmann's first weekend in June and at Rock Mountain, September 22-25. Both events in PA about 25 minutes from each other. We will be having a tent at HHHSC and be running the Bo-Whoop/Letterman events. We also will co-host the Fox-Lefever Challenge, AND we have the possibility of another Fox event that we will announce at the proper time. There will be a BIG announcement regarding the Fox events at Rock Mountain. Hold on to your shooting hats!!!!!

http://www.rockmountainclays.com

http://www.hhhsc.net

Both ranges also can be found on Facebook if you are so inclined.
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Thanks! Over the weekend my wife commented that she would like to go to South Carolina sometime and I couldn't remember where the "Southern" was located. Also, I'm slightly "under-Foxed" so I was considering killing two birds with one stone (take her on a trip and buy a Fox). I think I had better stick with Hidden Hollow. Also, I might have to give up on buying another gun. I'm starting to think that some of the members hoarding them. I can't find them anywhere.
Mike of the Mountain

They're available, just have to do some digging. My problem right now is I have guys asking me to buy their Fox but I'm not in "buy mode". :cry:
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Hmmmmmm! Maybe you and I could make a deal
CableguyJJS3

Post by CableguyJJS3 »

Ok this is the first time I'm hearing about a Fox vs Lefever challenge, how did I miss this??? And is this at the June event or the September event??
Mike of the Mountain

Yes, this is a new event. Fox-Lefever Challenge is a June event. The Fox-Parker Challenge has been moved to September. More info will be posted after the Spring Southern. By then the plans will be finalized. Stay tuned, same Fox channel, same Fox time.
Mike of the Mountain

Jeff S wrote:Hmmmmmm! Maybe you and I could make a deal

I'm listening..... :D
CableguyJJS3

Post by CableguyJJS3 »

Well I was hoping Fox v Lefever was in September, but no matter, I was going to see about coming to both anyway. I'll look forward to more info though, thanks!!
Mike of the Mountain

No problem! We'd be very happy to have you join in at both shoots!! Glorious Shotgun Fun!! :D
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

I'm listening..... :D

Well Mike of the Mountain, if you know of someone that would like to "liquidate" some of their Fox inventory, I might be able to help them out. Here's the deal, once a guy owns a few Fox Shotguns, he might start to get "picky". I own a couple, so now I'm starting the search for a couple more that are "just right". In my world (Michigan) I get to hunt partridge and ducks. So, in my opinion (and it is only my opinion) I feel that I need two more guns. It seems like I should own a 2nd generation, half pistol gripped, 12 gauge A grade with 26" barrels (preferably #3 or #4 weight) and relatively open chokes. I'm sure that I would still miss most of the partridge that I encounter, but I would look really good when I did it. As for duck hunting, last year I thoroughly enjoyed myself shooting ducks while using 1 oz. loads in my A grade. However, while cleaning the ducks, I did notice that some of the BBs did not penetrate very far into the duck's body. So I've been thinking that perhaps something capable of shooting 3" shells would be nice. Yup, a nice Super Fox with 30" barrels and capable of handling 3" shells would look really nice in my duck blind.

Some of the long standing members of this organization might chime in and say that those are the most coveted guns and that I'll never find them. Well, that could be. But, Mike, if there are guns like this that are available, simply buy them and bring them to Hidden Hollow in June. I'll gladly pay you $100 more than what you paid. :D Unfortunately, in "wanted to buy" Silvers just posted that he is looking for a Super Fox. This puts me out of the running because my pockets are not nearly as deep as his. Jeff
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Hello Jeff, there was a time when my pockets were almost stitched closed ..... like 12 years in a row when at least one of our children was in college. As I recall your daughter is now in college so I can sympathize. :) Look me up at the Northeast SxS at Hidden Hollow and we can talk/look at Fox grouse and duck guns, and maybe shoot together again. Hey another member friend told me a JOKE: do you know the difference between partridge and grouse? Partridge are the ones that can be shot on the road. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Silvers on Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Silvers, you have a good memory. I have a daughter in college here in Grand Rapids and another one at med school at the Cleveland Clinic (fortunately with a scholarship). As for the the partridge vs grouse story, all I can say is "Who ratted me out?" I hereby promise to all members of the AHFCA that the next bird I shoot will be flying. Jeff