HE Super Fox stock work

Use this area to post pictures of you favorite Fox custom project or share information about custom projects. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Brian Dudley

HE Super Fox stock work

Post by Brian Dudley »

This HE had previously been restocked and some things about it needed corrected. The wood was very fat, even for a Super, and was very proud all the way around all metal. The comb was shaped oddly and the cheek panels were way too defined for a fox. The finish on the wood was very thin and light in color and did not do the wood any favors.

I thinned everything out and brought the wood down closer to the metal. Reshaped what needed reworking and put on an amber shellac finish.

I didn't have any very good references for HE checkering patterns on straight grip guns and long forend. So, I used a pattern that I found on a C grade. 20 lines per inch on wrist and forend and 24 lines per inch in cheek panels. I checkered the whole gun in a more proper looking pattern for a Fox. All the checkering that was there was wiped out in the reworking of the wood.

I put it here because it is a Custom stocked gun being stocked to fit the owner in straight grip with cast for a left handed shooter.

,Brian Dudley
OH Osthaus

Re: HE Super Fox stock work

Post by OH Osthaus »

as always - very nice work Brian

now i have to watch what the left handers are shooting around here
"If there is a heaven it must have thinning aspen gold, and flighting woodcock, and a bird dog" GBE
jolly bill

Post by jolly bill »

Very, very nice Brian.

The owner will be very pleased.

Jolly
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

Great job Brian. I handled this gun and it is beautiful.