S x S Shoot at Old Hudson Plantation

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Stan Hillis

S x S Shoot at Old Hudson Plantation

Post by Stan Hillis »

Copied this from a friend's post over on the L C Smith site:

Old Hudson Plantation SxS shoot May 30 2015.There will be a 100 target sporting clays event and a 50 target 20ga event . Entry fee will be $75.00 for main event. 30.00 for 20ga event. Will be a lewis class prize structure. Lunch included with main event fee. Old Hudson Plantation @99 Skeet Lane Sparta,Ga 706-467-9345 Ray Ward 706-473-8789

SRH
Mills

Re: S x S Shoot at Old Hudson Plantation

Post by Mills »

We are planning on going to this. Hope to see some of you guys there too
CableguyJJS3

Post by CableguyJJS3 »

This event was in my weekly shooting email from the group I shoot with. I guess we will have a presence there as well, so I will be attending. Look forward to shooting with you guys!! Jim
Big Friend Ten

Post by Big Friend Ten »

Wow! My buddy Mills, my new cable guy friend JIm, and Stan who I always wanted to meet all at one shoot. I wish I lived closer!

Mark :mrgreen:
Mills

Post by Mills »

Come on down Mark. We have the same problem with the fun shoots up near you, though. One day I will come to Hausman's and the UP.
CableguyJJS3

Post by CableguyJJS3 »

Absolutely come on down Mark, the weather here is beautiful this time of year. I've never been to this venue, but I know about where it is and that is some very nice country, I'm sure it will be a great event. In my shooting group we have a dedicated Parker guy, a dedicated L.C Smith guy, and me, the lowly rep for Fox and Lefever, everyone else is pretty much English guns. I will welcome all the American backup I can get!!
Big Friend Ten

Post by Big Friend Ten »

Heck Jim,

I shoot Parkers, Fox, Lefever, and Smiths! I also discovered W&C Scott & Son which in their Premier grade tops them all!

Mark
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

Great shoot today at Old Hudson, near Sparta, GA. This was their first foray onto the waters of S x Ss only shooting, and it went well. Great targets, abundant hospitality and excellent food. There was probably 30 competitors. Not bad for the first one. It should grow with time, and more publicity. The Bush family, who owns Old Hudson, are gracious hosts, and proved it today again. Got to see some old friends and kindle some new friendships. All in all a super day.

SRH
Mills

Post by Mills »

Second Stan on that. It was a good time with good friends and gracious hosts and hopefully it will grow over the years
gt8977c

Post by gt8977c »

I saw this thread about the sxs at Old Hudson and decided to give it a try.

This was my first time out on a sporting clays course and I had a great time, even managed to break a few.
I shot the 20 ga event as well, but didn't do so well on that course, must have been that Meridian gun I was using.

As others have said, it was a beautiful setting and friendly folks. I hope they make it an annual event.

I had to leave before all the scores were in and announced. Anybody know if they are posting the scores anywhere online.
Mills

Post by Mills »

Scores are up now on their website.

http://www.oldhudsonplantation.com/