Dogs on the bottom of C grades

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
birdawg

Post by birdawg »

fox admin would you mind telling when your C's were made?
"I have more than I need, but not as many as I want"
"The search continues on many fronts"
Life Member, A.H. Fox Collectors Association.
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

The top picture is 1921 and the bottom is 1911.
Charlie Sides

Post by Charlie Sides »

If we do not see a consistent change over the years, perhaps we are looking at the individual engravers style. Could be they were done contemporarily by different engravers. If we could ever id one of the engravers work, we could assign others to him based on his dog.

Charlie
birdawg

Post by birdawg »

Fox admin,
Do you know the serial number or year of manufacture of the gun you saw with the pointer?

Charlie,
Of the sample we have 1917 is the first we see with mountains in the back ground. 1911 guns seem to have clouds or lines in the "sky" . Silver's 106XX (1910) and my 7826 (1909) have branches above the dogs.
Foxist 1910 gun seem unique with nothing much above the dog and the dog could pass for a pointer.
Last edited by birdawg on Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I have more than I need, but not as many as I want"
"The search continues on many fronts"
Life Member, A.H. Fox Collectors Association.
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

The gun belongs to FOXIST. I am sure he will post the serial number
tegun

Post by tegun »

I think some of those pic's are of a very old breed of pointer called the(Deutsch Langhaar) or perhaps a Large Munstunlander Don't know if I spelled that right.Iam new so thought I might throw that out there.
al

Happy dog

Post by al »

Don't know what type of dog it is but he is happy! on a CE model seriel#200002
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

I'd like to see some dogs like these on a Fox -- http://www.remingtonsociety.com/phpBB2/ ... php?t=1939
Share the knowledge
Mark Copeland

Post by Mark Copeland »

1928 CE 16

I'll post pics of a 1908 CE 12 asap.

1928 CE Fox 16
mike campbell

Post by mike campbell »

Nice pic, Mark. You must have shot it under incandescent light. Don't know if it was intentional or not, but leaving the colors that warm gives it an artsy appeal. Even though it's a closeup, the colors suggest it's laying on a dark walnut table in front of the fireplace in a den with leather furniture...nice.
R.R.

Post by R.R. »

Researcher wrote:I'd like to see some dogs like these on a Fox -- http://www.remingtonsociety.com/phpBB2/ ... php?t=1939
Me too...
Dave, that's what I was hinting towards with my 'engraving' post. There must be little known about the earlier engravers, just guns that link together, very little paper trail.
Mark Copeland

Post by Mark Copeland »

Thanks Mike,

Yes, the warm affect is intentional. While the "rush" is still in effect after a nice purchase the gun goes straight to the office on my plan table. Placing toilet paper over hologen spots, a tripod, slow shutter speed, macro setting and a color option on a canon G8(?). I love that look.

1928 CE Fox 16
Researcher

Pointer

Post by Researcher »

I was just looking thru some pics and found this one of a Pointer on the bottom of a 1913 CE-Grade 20-gauge 30-inch barrels and straight grip. I missed this gun by a day or two a couple of years ago.

Share the knowledge