Fox guys at the Allentown PA Show

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Silvers

Fox guys at the Allentown PA Show

Post by Silvers »

Foxist, Tool Man and Silvers met up at the Allentown Forks of the Delaware Gun Show today. Tool's friend Jim was also there and we ran into Bill Murphy and some other noted double gun personalities. The only interesting Fox we saw was a 20 gauge ejector SW, Philly, it seemed to be an honest gun with some hunting wear, but pricey. Foxist pointed out a drawbolt SW, the first one I've seen in person. Tool had more time and he was going to do another run through the hall afterwards. Maybe an elusive XE came out from under a table in the interim? I'm sure other Fox guys were there so maybe we can get a report from any who may have seen other interesting Foxes we missed. Thanks. Silvers
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

I was the first one in the door and picked up a near mint XE for $3000. from the hot dog vendor, ok just kidding!! Tony G must have gotten there before you guys, check his web site on Monday!!! How about we have a get together at the Eastern show in CT. Toolman must know a few good taverns in the area!
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Great minds think alike. We talked about getting together at the CT Show in January. That sounds good to me. I'm sure Tool knows some places out there.
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

The Parker guys, including eightbore, will be at the Greenwich show. See you there. Allentown was nice, but I committed the basic sin of omission. I replaced cash with checkbook and it didn't work, only for about the third time in many years of collecting. I will go back to the old system of carrying cash. I left a very nice find, at the show, an absolute screamer at half price. I will hope that contact can be renewed with the seller. I will report back. It was still there when I left.
MARSHFELLOW

Post by MARSHFELLOW »

Fellas, when is the CT show??....is it the same time as Vegas again this year? Thanks, Marshfellow
IN GOD WE TRUST. SPE Skeet & Uplands and AH Fox vent rib guns a specialty
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

The Beinfeld Winter Show is January 18-20, 2008
MARSHFELLOW

Post by MARSHFELLOW »

Thanks F.L., got reservations for Vegas....gonna try to do both! Marshfellow
IN GOD WE TRUST. SPE Skeet & Uplands and AH Fox vent rib guns a specialty
TOOL MAN

Post by TOOL MAN »

Great bumping into my Fox "budds" at Allentown on Saturday!! Sorry to say however, that, and meeting "Wild Bill" Gaurnere (sp ?) from EZ company, 101st Airborne (Band of Brothers Fame) were the highlights of the day. It certainly wasn't from any nice guns on display. I was very disappointed with the scattergun offerings, especially from such a highly touted show.

Greenwich,CT sounds like a plan. I'll be there Fri. night and Saturday.
Though it's a long, long way from my "hood', there are plenty of places we can eat,drink and be merry. ---TOOL
On the whole....I'd rather be in Philadelphia....
al

Post by al »

I will be attending the Greenwhich show. I would like to meet up with you guys and I will bring my CE grade seriel#200002 to see what you guys think.I still need help trying to find info
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

Al, what does your Callahan letter say about 200,002. Keep me in mind when you sell it. I collect palindrome guns. This one is a classic.
al

????

Post by al »

Eightbore,
Mr Calahan was unable to locate any info. He did thank me for the pictures I sent and he now knows where the gun is.
My father believes it was in an Abercrombie & Fich case that's all the info so far.