Buttplate and gripcap for PAC A grade?

Post your questions or seek advise regarding gunsmithing, restoration, repairs, ballistics, etc, etc.
Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
james-l

Buttplate and gripcap for PAC A grade?

Post by james-l »

I am getting close to the end of restocking this one, anyone with photos of the correct buttplate and gripcap. This gun has most of the original CC and barrel blue but fell into the hands of a budding trapshooter who destroyed the original stock and forend.

Jim A.
Researcher

Re: Buttplate and gripcap for PAC A grade?

Post by Researcher »

These pictures are the only ones I have of a Philadelphia Arms Co. grip cap and butt plate and they are on the only known D-Grade to see the light of day so far. The owner kindly brought it by the AHFCA booth at The Vintage Cup last month for us to admire.

Share the knowledge
james-l

Post by james-l »

Thanks Dave, buttplate shouldn't be a problem, grip cap might be. I may just finish it with a straight grip, any examples of the correct trigger guard tang? Guess I could use a Parker one for a pattern :roll:
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

This is the only shot I have showing straight grip trigger guards --

The duPont E-Grade on left, my C-Grade on right.
Share the knowledge