#121 Directors Special at Julia's

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Researcher

Re: #121 Directors Special at Julia's

Post by Researcher »

There were a lot of interesting guns made at the D-level. I've always liked this one in the 19xxx range --

As I remember the story, this was the gun that was fired every year to signal the start of the annual golf tournament at one of the DC area country clubs.
Share the knowledge
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

We would like to hear more of that story.
ASavageFox

Post by ASavageFox »

interesting... very little breech engraving...
Cheers!
FoxedChisels

Post by FoxedChisels »

Gentlemen,(And I hope some Foxy Ladies). I have been watching for 'Further Imput on Frank J. Barthmaier,Ansley H. Fox's 'Sec.-Treasurer around the Years 1905/06. When I was given the Gun the 'Then" Owner had but scant Info' about it.I've been asked for the "Specs' on the Bbls.etc. Julia's will have all the "Gen." for the comeing Auction.I did shoot several 'Bridge Pheasants' with my 3" Black-Powder Hand-Loads. (I'm sure F.J.B.Hammered a few 'Flyers' in the Local Pigeon Rings") Oh for a Kodak Moment from back then!! dt
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

What ever happened to the original stock??
FoxedChisels

Post by FoxedChisels »

Fox-Admin.....Its a bit like Buckinghams 'Original" Where did that go....Poss the stockmakers wood-stove, I wonder just how broken was the X.E Grade Style that"NB" used for the years priorto the Re-Stocking with the broken stock that is with the gun and the "New" Stock now at DU. # 121 stock that was on the gun had had (In my opinion) had the Pistol-Grip cut off and the PG Guard hammered out to a "Short-arsed" straight Tang.....So as I had # 35 "On the Bench for Stripping & Cleaning at that time. I re-set the tang for the original shape, then 'duped'for the new stock...I have no Idea what has become of the"Cut-Up stock. I have photos in my foxfile.