Hunting Plans Was Beaver Dam Hunting dates

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
birdawg

Post by birdawg »

I have sent a inquire to Beaver Dam. I am asking for a couple of blocks back to back ( or possibly early season and late season hunts) so if more people want to join in we will have space.

Mike(mc15426378) can help us out quite a bit since he is close to local, I will contact him off list.

I think it needs to be noted that this is not an official hunt by the AHFCA or anyone organizing this hunt and liability is solely at the risk of any participant.
Jess
"I have more than I need, but not as many as I want"
"The search continues on many fronts"
Life Member, A.H. Fox Collectors Association.
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

Understood, Jess. It would suit me much better to go late in the season. Late December or January. Hats off to you all for this effort.
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

Anybody up for a timber hunt in Arkansas on the same trip? We could spend 3 days at Beaver Dam and 3 days in Arkansas. Jim
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

I don't think that would work for me, Jim. I had already planned to go on over to the L'Anguille River in Arkansas and hunt a few days with some buddies. Would be nice if you and the others could combine the two hunts, tho'. T'would probably make the trip a bit long for me. Sure hope the hunt works out for us at Beaver Dam.
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

Stan, do you have any good guides/outfitters that hunt flooded timber in Arkansas you could reccomend? Jim
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

Jim, I don't know of any that hunt green timber exclusively. Though I have hunted a large part of eastern Arkansas for 12-14 years with several different guide services none of them hunted timber every time. Most I've been with will hunt timber in the mornings and flooded fields in the afternoon. If you're interested in that type of hunting, I'll give you some names.

I now hunt almost totally with friends who come here to hunt turkeys in the spring. They don't do guiding, just hunt for sport on their own land. However, one of my best friends, whom I know to be truthful and accurate to a fault recommends a place that is up in the Jonesboro area. Let me get the name of it and the details and I'll get back to you.
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

Stan, send me a PM with the information you have. Afternoon field hunting would be OK as long as the outfitter had acess to good timber hunting also. Jim
birdawg

Post by birdawg »

Jim Cloninger wrote:Stan, send me a PM with the information you have. Afternoon field hunting would be OK as long as the outfitter had acess to good timber hunting also. Jim
Ditto for me.
I have not heard back from Beaver Dam as of yet. I will follow up if no info is coming soon.
jess
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

Jim Cloninger wrote:Stan, send me a PM with the information you have. Afternoon field hunting would be OK as long as the outfitter had acess to good timber hunting also. Jim
Will do, ASAP.

Stan
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

Thanks, Stan. Jim
birdawg

Post by birdawg »

FYI,
I am working on exact dates now so we need to see who can do what. I suggest we take this off line. my email is jess@jessleephotos.com
I requested Dec 10-18 and Jan 10-18 2 days in each time frame. so drop me an email when you have time.
jess
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

Check your p.m.'s, Jim.
mc15426378

Post by mc15426378 »

One more time. If any of you fellas would like to be included in this, now's the time to step up and be counted. We are close to booking the hunts.

Mike

TTT
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

Mike, I don't know if Mike Boyd at Beaver Dam can handle more than a party of 4 at one time.
DGKaas

Post by DGKaas »

Mike can take 4 in the Beaver Dam blinds. He has 2 fixed blinds but only takes one party per day. He takes a boat to the blinds and that as well as safety is the limiting factor. Shooting is mornings only just as in Nash's day. He also has a farm a few miles away that offers pond shooting if the birds are around. Mike is a farmer and is quite busy this time of year. He normally starts to arrange his shooting schedule after Labor Day. He usually has only a few openings if any as most of his clients book annually for the next season. I always take the same 3 days more or less just after the opening and bring a couple of guests. I am sure he will get back to you at some point if he hasn't already. BTW, Mike is a Fox owner. I picked up a 12ga Sterlingworth pin gun for him a while back.