VGC cancelled .... Northern SxS NEXT WEEK!

AHFCA lists all upcoming events on this Forum. Be sure to check back frequently to see what exciting shooting events, displays, and meeting are scheduled.
Silvers

VGC cancelled .... Northern SxS NEXT WEEK!

Post by Silvers »

It seems that the VGC planned for September of this year at Hidden Hollow has now been cancelled due to uncertainties that far out. More details are available on the vintagers.org website. At this point it appears the only opportunity for an organized vintage-type event in the northeast US quadrant will be the Northern SxS and Expo at Rock Mountain (PA) on July 30 - August 2, about 2 weeks hence. Many of you know Rock Mountain is a premier sporting clays club with excellent facilities and Mike throws great targets. Details on the event are shown in this forum on another thread. frank
Last edited by Silvers on Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aan
Stan Hoover

Re: Vintage Gunners Cup is cancelled

Post by Stan Hoover »

Frank,
This really stinks :shock:

Thanks for the news, although it is very disappointing. I don’t know if the hosts liability is the reason or vendors not being able to attend? I know most attendees would be in the higher risk category for this disease and I don’t want to downplay the seriousness, both my parents came down with it in early June, both recovered but not fun.

Mike, thanks for holding your event and letting people decide if they’re comfortable attending.

PS. It sounds like you may get bombarded with shooters, me and Shane plan to attend Thursday-Saturday, if you need additional help, let me know,
Stan
Mike of the Mountain

Re: Vintage Gunners Cup is cancelled

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

Thanks Stan. See you guys in a few weeks.
Silvers

Northern SxS at Rock Mountain

Post by Silvers »

Just a reminder if you're in driving distance and are serious about Foxes, the Northern SxS at Rock Mountain (northeastern PA) is going to be the one and only place to rub elbows this year with many of our more serious Fox brethren.

Here are a few pics taken today while at Rock Mountain doing practice shooting. Our gang was fortunate to have the eight year old grandson of one of our guys to work the target clicker. Here he is at the trampoline station.
IMG_5142.jpg
Much different technology and made about 100 years apart, a cool Phila/Savage Fox and a friend's tricked out Benelli competition semi-auto.
IMG_5140.jpg
Here's a shady spot where you'll find Daryl and Smitty's rigs and dogs when the Northern SxS starts next Thursday. Many of us are chomping at the bit.
IMG_5137.jpg
Aan
Jim Cloninger

Re: VGC cancelled .... Northern SxS NEXT WEEK!

Post by Jim Cloninger »

Nice pics, Frank. That shady spot is where I would hang out!
Jim
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

I was at the Rock yesterday with my shooting gang and the club was very busy, much more so than Sundays over the past two months. I saw and talked with several shooters who were working out with SxS's and vintage pump guns in anticipation of the Northern event this coming weekend, and that included a few I know and would classify as regular o/u and semi shooters. I also saw many more RST hulls than usual in the spent hull containers, from folks who shot earlier last week. Just sayin ……

frank
Aan
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

Thanks for the updates Frank. I hope it whets the appetites of some members to come up, if only for a day, to support the ONLY shoot hosted by the brave Mike and Sam. Looks like it will be the only one for 2020.
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.