RGS Event at Rock Mtn Sporting Clays

AHFCA lists all upcoming events on this Forum. Be sure to check back frequently to see what exciting shooting events, displays, and meeting are scheduled.
Stan Hoover

RGS Event at Rock Mtn Sporting Clays

Post by Stan Hoover »

Good morning,

I'm planning to attend the event held at Rock Mtn this Saturday, June 20, to support the Ruffed Grouse Society,

will we see a representation of Ansley H Fox guns, The Finest Gun In The World???

Stan Hoover
Jim Cloninger

Re: RGS Event at Rock Mtn Sporting Clays

Post by Jim Cloninger »

Everyone close to the "Rock" should attend this event. The Ruffed Grouse Society has lost their fund raising events for this year. They need the money to do their work.
Jim
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
James Wark

Post by James Wark »

We will be there with a few fox guns.
Jim
Stan Hoover

Post by Stan Hoover »

James,
Look forward to seeing you at the shoot hopefully, me and my son are looking forward to shooting some clays again.
Stan
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

It will be great to see you guys again! As of 5:30 PM Wednesday it looks like around 30 shooters. Let's bump this number up guys!!
Mike of the Mountain

Don't forget, this is our handicapped sub-gauge format too. Always makes the results interesting.
Stan Hoover

Post by Stan Hoover »

Mike,
Will there be any area where one could practice before shooting the event.
Thanks,
Stan
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Stan, Mike is probably busy setting targets etc and it might be best to call the lodge to ask: 570-965-ROCK.

Handicapped sub-gauge format too! +3 birds for a 16 bore, +5 for a 20 b, and +5 for a SxS or pump gun.

Your son is a polite and courteous young man; he's surely a good listener when talking about Ithacas and Foxes as well as being a good shot. Hey maybe he can bring that 20 bore XE "head down fox" you got him for his birthday. :roll:

frank
Aan
Mike of the Mountain

We don't have any 5-Stand set up. We'll have that running for the SxS shoot July-August. There is a section of the course that will not be used in the RGS event that you could shoot a few on for warm-up. Handicap sub-gauge is 5 birds for a SxS or pump, 5 birds for a hammer gun, 3 for a 16, 5 for a 20, 10 for a 28, 15 for a .410. Handicaps are cumulative so a .410 hammer gun will get 25 birds. a 28 pump gets 15, a 20 O/U gets 5. A 12g O/U or semi gets nothing.
Stan Hoover

Post by Stan Hoover »

Thanks Frank,

My son would be happy if he received an XE 20 gauge for his birthday, but some things just a little above the value I'm allowed to spend on a birthday gift. His sisters would bring down the house in crying unfair if they ever found what out that might cost, but he already is blamed for getting special treatment since he's the only son. I want to make sure that if he keeps on hunting and shooting that he'll have a few guns that he'll treasure for years to come, but then there's other guns/things that he will just have to work and earn to be able to purchase. I feel blessed to have the children we were given, and really fortunate to have a son who likes to hunt and shoot with dad.

thanks for the reply Mike,
we may have to do a little warm up, Shane really thought we have to go shoot today but I said I can't knock off work early,

We'll see you in the morning,
Stan
Mike of the Mountain

Young Shane shot very well on Sunday. He was using a 20g with a raised rib and finished with an 88/100 and was High Youth Shooter!! That young man is a "GRINDER"!!

Rob Von Steuben was HOA with a 108, Bill Duffy was RU with a 102, Dwayne Perdue was 3rd with a 100 (Dwayne shot a 100/100 with no handicap!!), Shane was High Youth with an 88, Kelly Zaleski was High Lady with a 70/100 and Mark Mishinski was High Vet with a 97/100. 48 shooters came out to help raise much needed funds for our NEPA Chapter of RGS. Thanks to everyone who attended. :D

104731954_3098474733532779_4330265640721855864_n.jpg
RGS NEPA Chapter President George Nichols presenting Shane with his High Youth trophy.
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Wow! You must be very proud of that fine young man. I’ll make a note to never challenge him to shoot off. He’d beat me.