Fox shooters at the Vintagers

AHFCA lists all upcoming events on this Forum. Be sure to check back frequently to see what exciting shooting events, displays, and meeting are scheduled.
DarylC

Fox shooters at the Vintagers

Post by DarylC »

Who here is planning on attending and shooting a Fox gun at the upcoming Vintage Cup in Sept. at Hausmann's?

No matter what your skill level is we really need shooters to go against the Maidens of Meriden.
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
Mike of the Mountain

Re: Fox shooters at the Vintagers

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

Crickets.
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

I’m planning to shoot the 50 bird American Classic if there are scorers on the course. If not I’ll probably pass on the AC and possible qualification, and just shoot the games that have dedicated score keepers.
Last edited by Silvers on Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aan
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

I have no idea if there are scorers on any of the course events? Frank, you and I know the guys we shoot with will not give us anything we didn't earn!! No "chippies" or "cheapies".
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Agreed Mike, most shooters are honest but some just don’t know the rules or are timid to call out squad mates who stretch them. And besides, $1.00 per target isn’t fun shooting at the local sportsmen’s club, that’s more/less the standard rate at NSCA tournaments where there are paid scorers at every station. I’m thinking there should be scorers there on the courses and if so I’ll be happy, but may be wrong.
Aan
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

I go to these events frequently with no plan except to shoot with friends and have fun. I don't have competition level shooting skills. Why in the world would I try to qualify where the top 5 shooters are selected? I always watch the competition but don't urn to be on the stage and hold nothing against those who strive to compete. I don't understand how folks think participation will increase using the current format. If the goal is to win and highlight the impressive shooting skills of the team members then the current format is best but don't expect more member participation. The thought of cheating would never enter my mind or my shooting friends, I wouldn't want to be part of that scene.
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

Judging by previous VGC held at Hopkins last year there were scorers at each station. I understand you Frank not wanting to shoot if there are no scorers but the bottom line is we sure could use you and Matilda shooting for Fox. Keep in mind that if they do have scorers they will be local and lacking experience. Like the changing of choke tubes once on the course. I know of one top shooter who has been caught doing this. The inexperienced scorers will be intimidated by squad mates who saw a "chip". All I can do is go out and shoot the best score I can and support the AHFCA. If someone has to cheat it will only show up under pressure during the challenge.

I'm with Craig on shooting with friends as that's what I plan on doing for the bulk of my stay at Hausmann's.

And yes Mike, the silence is deafening. Chirp, chirp.

I'd hate to go over on the PGCA site to recruit Fox shooters. :(
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Tuesday night I practiced with my 20 ga. Sterlingworth and my 10 ga. Charles Daly. This evening I practiced with my 12 ga. Fox. So far it appears that the only one profiting from my involvement in event will be Morris Baker :). I guess I'll just shoot for fun :).
Stan Hoover

Post by Stan Hoover »

Hello Daryl,
I plan to bring a couple Foxes, hoping to redeem myself instead of dragging you more superior shooters down. :(
Stan
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

Thanks Stan but I put my pants on the same way you do. I've seen you and your son shoot. Please feel free to beat me any time you like but especially against the Pahker boys. Looking forward to seeing you guys.
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

On the road again........ :)