2019 Hosford Cup

AHFCA lists all upcoming events on this Forum. Be sure to check back frequently to see what exciting shooting events, displays, and meeting are scheduled.
GradeIII

2019 Hosford Cup

Post by GradeIII »

My local gun club, the Ann Arbor Moose Sportsman's League, is hosting another SxS event this summer. Last year's inaugural event was fun and well attended. We've decided to change the name to the Hosford Cup, in honor of our local friend Jon Hosford, whose metal working skills have helped make our 5-Stand what it is today. Jon is not a member, but shoots with us and has been instrumental in the fabrication of several items on our range, and does a lot towards furthering our cause.

We're making a perpetual trophy, which will bear the names of each year's winner. We're also awarding a belt buckle to the high gun. The shoot consists of 25 wobble trap from the 16 yd line (full use of the gun permitted), 25 pairs trap doubles, and 25 5-Stand targets. We have 11 traps on the 5-Stand, all wireless connected with Long Range controllers/receivers.

Last year Hosford brought out one of his fancy rotary stands (you may have seen them at the Spring Southern or elsewhere) and filled it with interesting vintage shotguns of various manufacture for a show & tell. We also provided space under the pavilion for people to bring unwanted items for sale. We'll cook some food and beer is permitted after shooting. We had a long bird game, and will do the same this year. I'm thinking of bringing my three Foxes to display. Anyone in this part of the country should consider coming. We'd love to have you.

The date this year is Saturday, August 17th. See attached flyer for details.
Attachments
2019 Hosford Cup flyer2.jpg
Dana Farrell
GradeIII

Re: 2019 Hosford Cup

Post by GradeIII »

A friendly reminder to our Fox friends that this event is fast approaching. If you're in the vicinity please consider joining us. It promises to be a lot of fun.

Thank you --

Dana Farrell
Dana Farrell
Mills

Re: 2019 Hosford Cup

Post by Mills »

Jon is a great guy and very knowledgeable