Upcoming Events

AHFCA lists all upcoming events on this Forum. Be sure to check back frequently to see what exciting shooting events, displays, and meeting are scheduled.
Jeff S

Re: Upcoming Events

Post by Jeff S »

I love the AHFCA forum so much I even enjoy rereading old posts. I never grow tired of looking at pictures of beautiful guns, harvested game, and the smiles of the hunters. People that hunt with vintage guns seem to have a little more sole that others, and quite frankly, seem to be more apt to have fun at each other's expense. You're just not as serious when you hunt with a 100 year old gun. The hunt and the lore are more important than simply filling the game bag. If limiting out is the main goal, go get a 5 shot automatic. If you want to have good times and joke with one another, by an old side by side. I love the quote listed above, "if the bird is shot in flight, it's a grouse. If it's shot on the ground, it's a partridge.' It's classic hunter humor. That reminds me of deer hunting with my family. If they hear me shoot twice, they all know that I missed with the first shot, and killed it with the second shot. I think I've done it 8 times now, and it's become known as "firing a warning shot". They all know it, because I always tell them the same story. "It was such an easy shot that I fired a warning shot to give the deer a chance, and drilled him with the second shot." (I'll never admit that I choked). Every hunting group has their little "inside gags" and that's what makes hunting special. Jeff
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

Jeff, sometime when we're sitting around I'll have to tell you of my early deer hunting escapades!! That'll make you laugh!! BTW, still looking for a Fox or two? I may have a line on something for you.
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

PM sent