2021 BW/WC Letterman/ Baby BoWhoop results

AHFCA lists all upcoming events on this Forum. Be sure to check back frequently to see what exciting shooting events, displays, and meeting are scheduled.
DarylC

2021 BW/WC Letterman/ Baby BoWhoop results

Post by DarylC »

Well we made it through another NEPA variable weather event for the 2021 BoWhoop event.

There were 37 BoWhoop rounds, 27 WC Letterman SBT rounds, 41 Baby BoWoop rounds and 20 practice rounds shot this year at the Northest SxS event.

There was a tie for first place with three shooters scoring a 3. The winner was decided by the shooters without the need for a shootoff.
Mike Smith took first place in the BoWhoop with and won the trophy using a Super Fox.
David DeFernelmont took second place using a LC Smith I believe.
Albert Fiori took third shooting a Beretta.

Mike Smith took first place in the WC Letterman with a score of four winning the cup with the only four shot. Mike was using A Fox J grade.
Second place was taken by Mike Koneski with a three using a Parker SBT.
Tied for second was Paul Plunkett shooting an Ithaca SBT also shooting a three.

There was a four way tie for first place in the Baby Whoop with a score of five. They were Frank Srebro, Jeff Stegmeier, Stan Hoover and Craig Thompson. Next year, based on the interest of this event, there will be prizes awarded and cash payouts if the shooters are interested.

Thanks to everyone who participated and cheered on the shooters.
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
Kimber06

Re: 2021 BW/WC Letterman/ Baby BoWhoop results

Post by Kimber06 »

Grate job to all the shooters. The targets on both events were challenging to say the least. I think the baby BW was a big hit and should be a fixture going forward. It affords shooters who may not have a tightly choked long range gun a fun event to participate in and join the fun. Hats off to all who helped pull this together. Already looking forward to next year.
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

Congrats to all the winners and placers! Special congrats to Mike for the double honors!! I agree that the Baby Whoop was a hit! It was fun using a small bore on some challenging targets. Great event! Thanks to all who made it possible. Brett
Regards - Foxnut
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Thanks Daryl for a well written summary, and kudos to all who made the trip, stepped up to shoot with Fox guns and showed us how to do that. And with that said I think of other members who live in PA, southern tier of NY and neighboring states. I understand we all have lives, work and family obligations that keep some from attending, but I also feel sad for those who have the resources and idle time but chose not to come. They surely missed an exciting event and being able to meet/make friends with some of those who post or reply here or might otherwise help them with things Fox. Many have learned this Association is far more than a Q&A website.

frank
Aan
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

These events sure were a heck of a lot of fun. Way more challenging that in years past, but fun. I like shooting the sporting clays courses, but while you're doing that, you only get to visit with the 2 - 6 people that you're shooting with. The Letterman and Bo Whoop events take place at one shooting station, located at the crossroads of the parking lot, vendor tent, and clays courses. Consequently there is always a small group hanging around watching the other shooters. I love it when someone strolls over to their car, puts out a gorgeous gun and then passes it around for everyone to admire. Just ask "Foxnut". He said that just handling the unique guns made the trip worthwhile. Jolly Bill displayed one gun that was so exquisite that I'm not even going to mention it in print. One other funny thing happened at the Bo Whoop station, a gentleman had a gun, I think a Parker, with funky maple inlays all through the stock. A remark was made that it looked like a "Hollywood" gun. The guy replied, "Well, it should. It used to belong to Elizabeth Taylor's husband". Where else are you going to see guns like that!!!!

I think roughly 20+ members made it Hausmann's this year, and there are over 400 members. That means that the vast majority of you are not familiar with this venue, and the specialty events. Lot's of good natured people, and really sexy guns. Mark it on your calendar for next year. Daryl will have the traps set just for you. Jeff
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

I enjoyed the whole Bo Whoop thing but especially enjoyed the mini . Daryl allowed the use of his Parker 28 30” and by some stroke of luck I was able to break five . Shot my Parker 20 30” before his 28 and beat my 20 score by two targets I believe . :roll:
Parker’s , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm’s and my family in the Philippines :!: