boot laces shortened while you wait

Use this forum to post pictures of your hunting dog.
OH Osthaus

boot laces shortened while you wait

Post by OH Osthaus »

Meet Tweed -

I have never had such a hard time picking a pup, they were all beautiful bundles of energy. there were two Tri colors, and I leaned towards them simply because I have never had one. the other two were orange- all great heads.

I sat on the floor for over an hour playing with and handling each of them - my wife finally said "you know you have to make a choice"

so I looked at the pups running around and said - OK guys help me decide, and he ran over, jumped on my lap and licked my face

decision made,

the funny thing is my wife said that was the the one I favored, I didn't think so, but she pulled up pictures from our several visits and invariably, this was the pup I was holding or was climbing in my lap. They do chose us as much or more than we chose them.

I am sure the others chose good homes,

but - with dreams of birds ahead and lots of work to do protecting furniture and other stuff from sharp puppy teeth -

His name is now Tweed, he came home yesterday and was well accepted by Macallan at the door, and even the cats seem to think he can stay. He spent a quiet night - explored the house at warp speed this morning and while crossing the sitting room a little bit ago, he came to a sudden stop laid down and looks like an angel sleeping as I key this - but I know he is just recharging the devil inside
RSL_6272edit.jpg
RSL_6267small.jpg
DSCN4680.JPG
Last edited by OH Osthaus on Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there is a heaven it must have thinning aspen gold, and flighting woodcock, and a bird dog" GBE
Jim Cloninger

Re: boot laces shortened while you wait

Post by Jim Cloninger »

That is fantastic, Rick.
Jim
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
jolly bill

Post by jolly bill »

Puppy time. What could be better?

Good for you and your wife Rick. Tweed choose you well.

Jolly
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

Good luck with the new pup he is a handsome devil for sure.
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Great looking pup for sure.

PS. My first dog ever also picked me. Abby was her name and she was a Golden Retriever (I was a big duck hunter then). Was at the breeder and 8 pups were running around. Finally one broke from the herd and came over and started chewing on my shoe laces. I reached down and picked her up and said this is the one. Had her for 14 years and she was amazing. Smartest dog I've ever seen and hunted from Montana to Maine.

Good luck with your new addition.
OH Osthaus

Post by OH Osthaus »

you forget how fast they grow
RSL_6429 crop.jpg
"If there is a heaven it must have thinning aspen gold, and flighting woodcock, and a bird dog" GBE
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

Great picture, looks like he chewed his leash already. Pups are a pain but so cute yea have to smile.
OH Osthaus

Post by OH Osthaus »

fox-admin wrote: looks like he chewed his leash already.
actually no, or at least he hasn't yet - he is the 7th dog on that puppy leash, its been shortened a few times