a painting of my bird dog

Use this forum to post pictures of your hunting dog.
glassman48

Re: a painting of my bird dog

Post by glassman48 »

Jim,
Thanks for all your kind words, I enjoyed sharing everything I could with you through our e mails. The amazing thing is she never found out:) 3 times she walked in the living room where my computer is and cash's painting was up on the screen. I just closed the site, one time she said oh who's brittany was that? I said it was the picture I showed her a couple of weeks ago of another brittany. She was heading off to work, I was trying to think what I would tell her if she wanted to see it again. I remember why I put those same 2 pictures in the previous post now. When my wife had her hands together, she wasn't sure if it was a photo which I said on my post, during that same picture (2nd exact same picture) I said out loud that Rod had painted this. I knew there was a reason I posted the same picture twice. I think Rod enjoyed her reaction the most. The first time I saw the painting at his house, I just had tears welling up in my eyes for about 10 minutes, and I knew I was going to be seeing the picture before I even saw it. I don't know if I can ever top this one lol. The picture I am attempting to load is where we put the painting on our wall near our woodstove.
Attachments
cash painting on wall.jpg
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

Perfect place, Ed! It looks terrific.
Jim
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

ED, what a great painting; something to treasure for years to come. Hanging in the perfect spot too!
Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
glassman48

Post by glassman48 »

Thanks guys again, Rod posted his painting and all the steps to get to that point on his facebook page. We don't have facebook, my wife's girlfriend does so she let us view her account. That painting really got some nice comments. fin2feather, do you live in Kansas? What a great place to live if you like pheasant hunting I bet:) My wife is just so happy about all of this:) Hopefully some day I may go out west with my brittany and test him on those birds out there. My friend Fred goes to Missouri every winter in January to hunt quail, I might go with him to see if I can take that long of a drive (lower back issues from setting windshields for 40 years:) )
glassman48

Post by glassman48 »

fin2feather,
Are you Phil from the parker forum? I just realized you have the same picture as in the parker forum:) Thanks again for all your input and help.
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

glassman48 wrote:fin2feather,
Are you Phil from the parker forum? I just realized you have the same picture as in the parker forum:) Thanks again for all your input and help.
Guilty as charged :D
Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member