a havanese that hunts?

Use this forum to post pictures of your hunting dog.
glassman48

a havanese that hunts?

Post by glassman48 »

The other day I let my brittany cash outside and let one of our havanese outside to play in the driveway. I took a toy I have wrapped with a pheasant wing, and planted it right along the driveway to let cash find it. Our havanese ran along the side of the driveway where the toy was, stopped, lifted his front leg and stood there, he looked back at me as I walked up to him and turned his head sideways. Cash was on the other side of a big area I have plowed out,, and he came over and went on point right next to our havanese. The havanese finally came back to me, I picked him up petted him, let him down again, and he ran back next to cash and went on point again. I wish I would have had a camera, it was priceless. I tried to let cash retrieve the pheasant wing, but our havanese kept trying to get there first and take the wing away. So I just let them play outside for a while. My wife named the havanese after cuban cigars because havanese originally came from Cuba. The white one is 11 years old and his name is "cohiba" the brown one who went on point is "bolivar" we just call him "boli". His head is cocked to the side similar to when he went on point and looked at me like whats up dad? I kind of like this game.
Attachments
cohiba and boli.jpg