New addition to the Family - Brittney Pup

Use this forum to post pictures of your hunting dog.
Tazman

New addition to the Family - Brittney Pup

Post by Tazman »

When I perched my pup before the litter was delivered, I also bought an AH Fox shotgun bringing me to this wonderful site. I picked up my new hunting partner on Saturday. I have trained three hunting dogs in my life but never a pointer. This is the first Brittney that I have ever owned and she is really surprising me with her intelligence. On the way home, she went into point on a small bird as we stopped to do potty time. At 8 weeks old, she is retrieving toys as we play in the house. What a wonderful companion she will prove to be.

Anyone want to see pictures of a puppy? Of course you do. Here is a couple pictures of 8 week old Sage. Hunting pictures to come in the fall.

Sorry for the pictures not being the correct orientation. Looks like I get to spend time learning another websites issues with posting a perfectly good picture as taken. Oh goody.
Attachments
BAD90AE0-1E15-4B8B-A281-4A6F9F31EEB1.jpeg
B5E5B906-5503-4769-94D4-E0FF1F630FC6.jpeg
glassman48

Re: New addition to the Family - Brittney Pup

Post by glassman48 »

tazman,
Thanks for posting those cute puppy pictures. What a great looking puppy you have, I have a brittany too. That dog is so smart its pretty amazing. Where are you from Tazman? I have a brittany breeder that lives about a mile away, he has been very helpful in my training my first bird dog too.
larrys

Post by larrys »

Nice looking pup. Enjoy one another.
Tazman

Post by Tazman »

Live in Napa Valley. Brittanys are not very common and finding a Pup was a real challenge. Contacted N CA Brittany Association and they put me in touch with a respected breeder that was expecting a litter. Drove to Atascadero 4 hours away on Friday, stayed overnight in Paso Robles, and drove back the following day.

Unbelievable how smart Sage is. Creates a real challenge keeping her entertained as we wait 8 WEEKS for the Parvo vaccinations to be complete. Can’t leave the house for walks or excercise. I guess we have a real problem with Parvo here.
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

Beautiful Brit!!! Love the name.
Sporrns

Post by Sporrns »

Great looking pup! Hope you drank some Paso Robles Cabernet or Pinot Noir on the way down to pick her up. Have never owned a Brit but have hunted over several and was never disappointed. The very best was a compact but brawny male named Skye (for the single malt Scotch) who was the best woodcock dog I ever shot over. Owned by a former shooting buddy, he was very mellow but a hard driver; like my English Setter, he would drive face-first into a bramble thicket to roust a woodcock or grouse on the "go!" command. Kevin
Tazman

Post by Tazman »

85E91607-71A6-472C-82CE-C80AFECE26B9.jpeg
Just hit 13 weeks and has doubled in size to 20 lbs. I just received permission to train her on a 1000 acre ranch two minutes from home. Lots of real quail to help with her development. Vaccinations complete in 3 weeks. Should be a wonderful spring.
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

That's a great picture!
Jimmy Goodtime

Post by Jimmy Goodtime »

Beautiful lady you have there. Careful, Spaniels have a way of stealing your heart!
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

You have a winner. Keep us informed as training progresses. Jim
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
Tazman

Post by Tazman »

Jim, we just spent May traveling around Southern Idaho and had Sage on Valley Quail every day. She is the birdyest dog I have ever owned. My favorite quail encounter was when she was walking up a blind incline with me 20’ back on her lead. As she hit the top she was nose to beak with a quail and through a wonderful 5 second point. The quail finally flew and she went crazy. Not as crazy as me though. She is developing nicely except for the “come” command. She ran across the 13th and 14th hole of a golf course chasing Canadian Sky Rats. I was running behind her calling and she didnt know I existed.
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Prey drive is a wonderful thing. Can be interesting when they shut off their ears when they are in heavy prey drive mode. I've more then once worn out a set of lungs trying to get a dog off a hot scent.
WPGRIFFON

Post by WPGRIFFON »

Tazman

She is great looking pup......always exciting to look forward to training and field days ahead. You are fortunate to have wild birds to expose her to. Post more info & pictures as she grows and progresses.

WPGriffon