we rescued a brittany

Use this forum to post pictures of your hunting dog.
Foxnut

Re: we rescued a brittany

Post by Foxnut »

Glassman, did you rescue Cash or did he rescue you?!!! Really great transformation! Amazing that when you get a working/hunting dog and put some time, effort/excercise in how they settle down! He just needed someone to let him do what he is meant to do. Great pics and story, thanks for sharing!
Regards - Foxnut
glassman48

Re: we rescued a brittany

Post by glassman48 »

foxnut,
Thanks a lot, my wife and I appreciate all these comments, I saw pictures of your dog too. Man that dog of yours is doing well. I am drying out pheasant wings now, the breeder keeps offering to help me with cash so I am taking him up on all his help. I gained a couple of friends along the way too, with the breeder and my other friend fred who has 2 brittanies. Both of those guys have been nothing short of miraculous in all the help they keep giving us. I watched their faces when they saw cash go on his first points with them too. They are like "proud uncles" pretty cool. If your up my way, please stop by and bring a couple of guns. I am finding some good grouse/woodcock areas now too as I spend more time with cash in the woods. Some of the most fun is going to new areas with my dog and exploring, he gets a lot of exercise and I find more grouse areas. I hunted cash with a new employee and his dog, a deutsch drathaar? They ran around and smelled each other for about 20 seconds and then they were off trying to find birds. Every time my wife sees him go on point and stay there, she thinks I had more to do with it than I did:) I keep telling her its all instinct bred into the dog.