Stock for 12 gauge Savage Arms Fox SxS Shotgun Model A

This forum is to be used to post A.H. Fox Gun parts and pieces from orphaned guns you own or you are searching for. This forum is NOT to be used to sell ANYTHING including complete guns or gun parts. This forum is NOT a marketplace but a bulletin board. All contacts between individuals are to be made through the forum PM system. No prices are to be posted. The main intent here is to marry parts with the original gun and to celebrate that reunion.
Shiba

Stock for 12 gauge Savage Arms Fox SxS Shotgun Model A

Post by Shiba »

Hi,

I'm new to the site and would appreciate your help. I was just given my grandfathers 12 gauge Savage Arms Fox SxS Shotgun Model A - barrel weight 4. The stock is broken so I'm trying to find a replacement. Unfortunately, the only stock I can find is for the Model B. Can anyone tell me if the Model B stock will fit on the Model A gun?
eightbore

Re: Stock for 12 gauge Savage Arms Fox SxS Shotgun Model A

Post by eightbore »

No, they are not the same gun. The A is an "A Grade". The later "Model B" is a different gun altogether. Let's see pictures of your broken stock. Some can be repaired. A replacement stock could end up costing thousands.
ROMAC

Post by ROMAC »

That stock might look bad to you but if you have all the pieces it is very fixable by a competant wood guy.
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Shiba

Post by Shiba »

Unfortunately, I only have the piece for one side. I'll try reaching out to a few woodworkers in my area to see if they can help. Thanks!