12 gauge AE part needed

This forum is to be used to post A.H. Fox Gun parts and pieces from orphaned guns you own or you are searching for. This forum is NOT to be used to sell ANYTHING including complete guns or gun parts. This forum is NOT a marketplace but a bulletin board. All contacts between individuals are to be made through the forum PM system. No prices are to be posted. The main intent here is to marry parts with the original gun and to celebrate that reunion.
davide

12 gauge AE part needed

Post by davide »

The broken part shown in the picture is from a 12 gauge AE. I don't even know what it's official name is but does anybody have one for sale or know where I could get one? Pumpkin Mountain is apparently closed up for now.
Attachments
Part 1 Cropped.jpg
Silvers

Re: 12 gauge AE part needed

Post by Silvers »

That's an “ejector mainspring follower” for the Fox Russell Patent ejectors. Yours looks much cleaner than typical as removed from working Foxes. Mishap while polishing or during reassembly?

Sorry, several months ago I sold two extra 12-gauge followers from my parts stash. frank
Aan
bbman3

Post by bbman3 »

I believe i can help you and will check my parts in a day or two. Bobby
davide

Post by davide »

Thanks but I have located the part already.
davide

Post by davide »

Bobby, I spoke too soon. The part I located was too long. Attached is a picture showing the length. I'd appreciate you taking a look to see if you have something that will work. Thanks.
Attachments
Old Part.JPG
bbman3

Post by bbman3 »

David i will check and see length of mine. Thanks Bobby
ROMAC

Post by ROMAC »

I was told that the longest ones were for the single barrel trap guns.

I bought one off of ebay years ago and when I gave it to the gun smith to use that is what he told me.

He was happy to trade out of his personal parts stock to get me the right part for the fix.

He said he had to make a long one by hand once and it was quite the pain in the butt and never wanted to do it a again.
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark