1918 dreams

Use this section to discuss Fox paper, catalog's, advertising and such.
setterspell

1918 dreams

Post by setterspell »

Seems like a good time of year to dig out an old catalog and dream
1918EKT cvr.jpg
1918 EKT1.jpg
1918EKT2.jpg
Researcher

Re: 1918 dreams

Post by Researcher »

Bold!! Getting a new catalog out before the Armistice!!
Share the knowledge
kgb

Post by kgb »

Is that a Gordon or Irish with the Pointer and English Setter?
Bore, n. Shotgun enthusiast's synonym for "gauge" ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast." - Ed Zern
Sporrns

Post by Sporrns »

Setterspell, seeing the old E.K. Tryon catalog strikes a chord: For years, there was a guy who collected E.K. Tryon stuff and displayed at the MD Arms Collectors Association (MACA) show (aka the "Old Baltimore Show") at Timonium MD. He accumulated Tryon stuff I had never seen before or since, I mean he collected EVERYTHING Tryon! One year he showed up with the original Philadelphia store shot cabinet, a compartmented walnut cabinet affair with glass fronted pigeonholes for each sized shot, #2 through #12. The shot was fed into the glass-fronted chambers from individual hoppers above. It reminded me of the racks used for casing mail in the post office, but in counter-top scale. It was one of the most interesting artifacts I ever saw, like the old-time loose nail kegs in a hardware store - you could buy as much or as little as you wanted. The cabinet was beautifully finished, with brass hardware and ivory pulls, as fine as any cutom-made gun cabinet. In 60 years of going to gun shows, I don't believe I've seen another one. Kevin
setterspell

Post by setterspell »

kgb wrote:Is that a Gordon or Irish with the Pointer and English Setter?
Really hard to tell for sure but Im leaning toward Gordon. Researcher, Not just bold on Tryon's part, A.H.Fox was the only manufacturer with glossy high grade paper in this catalog.
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

The only E.K. Tryon catalog I have is 1926 and the A.H. Fox guns have a heavy stock glossy page. There were also a number of other glossy heavy stock pages -- U.S. Cartridge Co., E.K. Tryon's own Viscol waterproofing and preservative, True Temper Fishing Rods, Creek Chub Casting Lures, Gold Medal camp furniture, KampKook stoves (I still have the one my folks had for their honeymoon trip west in 1935), Aladdin Thermalware, Gillette Razors, Valet Auto-Strop Razors and Durham Duplex razors.
Share the knowledge