Who dunn it?

Use this area to post pictures of you favorite Fox custom project or share information about custom projects. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Silvers

Who dunn it?

Post by Silvers »

So I finally had time to take apart a high quality straight-grip conversion to see it if had a stocker's stamp or cartouche. The stocking work is superb but as often happens there's no story that came with the Fox. The stock is serialed to the frame on its head, not a drop of acraglass or similar synthetic bedding stuff anywhere, just old-school steel to wood fitting. Kind of neat is that the butt is concave to its hard rubber buttplate, not per the modern practice to finish off straight (and much easier). I found two stamps under the buttplate. Anyone see these before? frank

abner

Re: Who dunn it?

Post by abner »

I think Burt Becker. What are your thoughts?
Ralph
bbman3

Post by bbman3 »

what about Bobby Brook? just kidding I have never converted pistol to straight. Bobby
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

Have not seen that marking before. Beautiful wood!!
Regards - Foxnut