X/DE 'Special' restocked by Dan Rossiter

Use this area to post pictures of you favorite Fox custom project or share information about custom projects. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Sporrns

X/DE 'Special' restocked by Dan Rossiter

Post by Sporrns »

This is the gun shown in the recent Beaver Dam posts. 12 ga. 30" M&F SST with DE checkering, Becker style safety and handmade ebony hard buttplate. ! 5/8 x 2 1/2 x 14 1/4 w/ 3/16" cast off. Wt. 8 lbs. on the nose.
Attachments
DSC00613XDESpecial1.jpg
DSC00614XDE2.jpg
DSC00617XDE3.jpg
vaturkey

Re: X/DE 'Special' restocked by Dan Rossiter

Post by vaturkey »

Helluva gun there Kevin.

PS. Not sure if you heard but Dan Rossiter was accepted into the American Custom Gunmakers Guild last week as a Stockmaker in Dallas Texas. Pretty sweet honor for sure. He had my restocked Mannlicher, Dick Miters 16 gauge upgraded restocked Sterly engraved by Bob Strosin and a Single Shot rifle owned by Glenn Fewless that Dan restocked submitted for judging.
Sporrns

Post by Sporrns »

Hadn't heard that Tom but I knew it had to come. I think he sent pictures of my gun in as well in the last photo go-round. Haven't seen Dick or Glenn's guns but the last time I was up there I saw your nearly completed Mannlicher. It was hard to put down! You were right about Dan being a artist with carving and ribbons. The 'tulip' cheek pattern is his favorite and he talked me into doing the interior lines bowed outward towards the apex of the 'V" instead of inward, which loses a lot of definition of shape. The pictures I posted really don't do justice to the "mini" point heads on and around the ball grip - when you turn the gun over and look down at the cap of the grip, they are mirror images on both sides of the stock. What a future this young man has!
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

Great gun, Kevin. I'm lucky to see it on the range on a regular basis.
snakeeater

Post by snakeeater »

Hey Kevin, I cant wait to see it Sat. . Judy & I will be there early. Best to You, Fritz.