Custom Stephen Dodd Hughes 16 Sold?

Use this area to post pictures of you favorite Fox custom project or share information about custom projects. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
ROMAC

Custom Stephen Dodd Hughes 16 Sold?

Post by ROMAC »

It either sold or was taken down off of the GI website recently.

I had been coveting it for awhile. I might have even bought it except for two reasons:

1) I'm having a 2 barrel set custom made by Dan Rossiter with plans for the engraving to be done by Geoffroy Gournet as we speak. (So If I bought the SDH I would have needed enough money left over for a good divorce lawyer! LOL!!!)

2) My desired gun is more of an upland configuration, the SDH was made for dove/pigeon shooting.

It was a beautiful work of the master craftman's art. His book stated that it had over 250 hours of bench time before engraving.

Somebody got a true treasure.

So the question is--------was it sold, and if so do we know who bought it?

I'd love to think someone here got it.
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
vaturkey

Re: Custom Stephen Dodd Hughes 16 Sold?

Post by vaturkey »

No idea who got it. FWIW, there is a custom Fox done by Dan and engraved by Gournet for sale currently on GI for a hefty sum. I actually held that gun in my hand the last time I went up to see Dan. These custom Foxes are a disease it seems.

PS. My 2 barrel custom is also in the words with Dan. Goal it to have it ready to hand off to Gournet at Ernies in June.
ROMAC

Post by ROMAC »

I saw that one too.

Basically, the same reasons as above apply plus for that kind of jing it better be custom fitted to your personal dimensions.
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

My custom Fox built by two extremely talented Pennsylvania artists wil never appear on an internet site for sale.