Blank for project Fox!!

Use this area to post pictures of you favorite Fox custom project or share information about custom projects. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
eightbore

Re: Blank for project Fox!!

Post by eightbore »

Not long ago, I signed up for the 12 gauge Hunter's Clays event at Ernie's Northeast shoot. The 30" barrels on my favorite Parker PHE pigeon gun had suffered a broken ejector, so I clicked on the 26" barrels for the event. I came in second by one bird. I was amazed myself. I had never shot these barrels in a competitive event except reluctantly at a Columbaire shoot where it seemed a little underchoked for the second shot.
SmithShady

Post by SmithShady »

TM, it's one of the many reasons I love this forum. Sometimes I need an objective third party to save me from myself. :lol:

Since you mentioned "The Old Reliable", and in defense of guns with a ton of drop and shorter barrels, I consistently shoot some of my best rounds with a Parker Hammer Gun. It has 3 inches of drop, and 28" tubes which were cut down from 30" by Parker long ago to open the chokes. I also really enjoy shooting my 26" Skeet & Upland. It's proved itself many a time, including on the course at Hausmann's this year, and ultimately in the Fox/Parker challenge on the Crazy Quail. I think of my longer barreled 30" & 32" Foxes as my "clays guns", but when I really think about it, I don't post any better scores than I do with the shorter ones. If I really wanted to improve, I'd pick one gun and stick with it, but variety is the spice of life so they say.

M.
"Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

Well said Shady!! It's all about personal preference and comfort level. See 'em, shoot 'em!!
Mike of the Mountain

Silvers and Tool Man, I think a Stimulator as an indicator with a pheasant tail beadhead nymph and a zebra midge as droppers. That'll make 'em bite. :)
TOOL MAN

Post by TOOL MAN »

Oh God, help us....."Sir Klondike" has found fly-fishing!!!! :shock:
On the whole....I'd rather be in Philadelphia....
Mike of the Mountain

Tool Bud, the Mrs and I take fly fishing trips every year, at least once a year. I try to get out for native brookie fishing when I can. Heck, I even tie my own. That's a fact, Jack!!!! :lol:
Brian

Post by Brian »

I never saw that one either!!!!!
Brian
LTC, IN, USAR
Back in the land of the big PX
Life Member A.H. Fox Gun Collectors Assoc
President For Life- Southwest Asia Chapter AHFGCA
Mike of the Mountain

Shady, the gun being used is a later A grade with 30" bbls. Just picked it up at the VC. Very nice price too. :D