Failure to prepare... is preparing to fail.

Use this forum to post pictures of hunting with your Fox.
Jeff S

Failure to prepare... is preparing to fail.

Post by Jeff S »

Okay Fox hunters. It's that time of the year again. Time to get your gear ready for the greatest of all outdoor adventures: duck hunting. This morning it was a nice cool 64 degrees and my wife was out of town so I headed out to the pond to spruce up the blind. This year the water is down a little, which is a good thing. Last year walking around in the pond was a little treacherous. Lots of lily pads, but I brought a scythe and cleared a landing strip. Six weeks to go. :)
IMG_0495 (1).jpg
IMG_0496.jpg
Mills

Re: Failure to prepare... is preparing to fail.

Post by Mills »

Preparation is a fun activity in and of itself. Even though I have a bad habit of waiting til the last minute myself
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

We have had a dry and hot summer, our marsh is almost dry. We need 8 inches of water to hunt. Fingers crossed for rain but we start our pump tomorrow which is costly in that it burns 100 gallons of diesel a day. But ya do what you gotta do. My son bought a TBD 25 hp duck boat for lake and river hunting. We have spent the last three weekends scouting the Finger Lakes and the Seneca River.
Nellie has her last Hunt Test this weekend in Long Island. I have been training a lot with her and she has really matured this summer. She has 3 HRC Finished passes and 1 AKC Master Hunter pass. She just turned two and ready to go fetch ducks!! Headed to the NY northern zone for 3 days, October 10 and then our marsh for the first split then out to SD with my son Pheasant hunting then back to NY for another month of ducks and geese.
I hope to get a few woodcock and grouse hunts in but it all comes too fast!!!
Plan to kill ducks with a new SF 32" with 3" chambers and the pawn shop DE. Retired Dana's gun from the marsh---killed a bunch of ducks with it the last two years.
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Thanks Mills. It's always fun to get out to the marsh. A few members might mumble that they've seen me post pictures of this blind before, which is true (although this is a new pictures). I really had an ulterior motive for this post. Since I signed up to become a "life member" I can no longer afford to buy Field and Stream, and I'm already starting to miss those pictures. I threw this posting out there to "prime the pump". I enjoy looking at hunting pictures and seeing what others harvest. It makes me want to "raise the bar". Last year we had about 3 dozen posts in the "hunting" section. I know we have more hunters than that in this group so I'm hoping that some of the guys will start planning their photo spreads". :)
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Craig, I'm really hoping to get positive feedback from you regarding your "ice eater". I think I could put one of those to good use. Please keep us posted.
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

Jeff, Craig....Good luck with upcoming seasons. We spent the weekend at our cottage in SE MI and the early goose season is in. Quite a bit of shooting on Saturday morning and this morning. Rosey has been at the trainer for the last month and I spent part of Friday there getting myself trained so I don’t mess her up!! The preparation is part of the fun!!
Regards - Foxnut
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

P.S.....Jeff, I’m w/you. Need to post more pics/descriptions of Fox guns on the hunt!!
Regards - Foxnut