Good morning today

Use this forum to post pictures of hunting with your Fox.
Silvers

Good morning today

Post by Silvers »

I was fortunate to take two mature grouse this morning. I hunted 3 places, flushed five birds, shot at three and bagged two. Here they are on the steps of the cabin along with my 20 bore Sterlingworth. Shells were the Gamebore 28 gram load of UK 7’s that I’ve really gotten to like. Both birds had green leaf pieces and wintergreen berries in their crops.
Pics can be expanded by clicking on them.
IMG_4138.jpg
Spotted while driving between covers, high grade oak that's going to a veneer mill.
IMG_4078.jpg
I hunted through patches of these berries; I think this is bittersweet but I’m not sure. Anyone know?
IMG_4076.jpg
Here’s a shot of one of the creeks that drains this country. That slope just ahead of the camera is about 70-degrees, and there are supports for an old RR bridge on both sides of the creek at that far turn. I often hunted that area for deer and bear when I was younger.
IMG_4081.jpg
This stuff is called red ash or red dog in hard coal country where dumps of rock, shale, low grade coal and dirt that had been dug out of old coal mines caught on fire and spewed out SO2 and H2S until they burned out.
IMG_4143.jpg
Our PA rifle bear season starts tomorrow, then Thanksgiving and family, then rifle deer season. This ends grousing for me until mid December when the season briefly comes back in.
Aan
Stan Hillis

Re: Good morning today

Post by Stan Hillis »

Another great day hunting! You're setting the bar pretty high there, Frank.

More great scenes from the PA hills and mountains. I enjoy them so much.

Thanks again, SRH
ROMAC

Post by ROMAC »

Nice Grouse.

Good luck today Frank.

I'll be hunting up near Honesdale myself. Stay safe.

Roger
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Great pictures Frank. You’re having a great fall. No hunting for me this weekend. I’m in Medina, Oh. visiting my daughter and my new son-in-law.
setterspell

Post by setterspell »

Nice hunt! That sweet little sterly is getting alot of action this season. Yes, that's what we call bittersweet, too. I seem to find our birds saving this and sumac til late season when the snow blocks other sources.