When it's February in Michigan

Use this forum to post pictures of hunting with your Fox.
Jeff S

When it's February in Michigan

Post by Jeff S »

Well it's February in Michigan and I've noticed that the chatter on the ol' Fox Forum is a little slow. Last summer I started building a new duck blind. I got the platform done, I but never finished it. Since my entire family is out of town this week and I'm "batching it", I figured it was a perfect day to finish the blind. This isn't nearly as fancy as the blinds you guys have (no kitchen), but it is my first blind with a full 4' x 8' roof. Call me a sissy if you want, but there have been many days when I've wished I had protection from the rain. After I got the roof on it, I screwed on 8 pine branches so it doesn't look quite so garish on our shore. I just need a little plywood on the left side and across the back and then I'll be all set. Just add ducks. :D Sorry for the awkward picture. I wasn't about to walk out onto that thin ice to take a picture from the front.
Duck Blind West shore resize.jpg
vaturkey

Re: When it's February in Michigan

Post by vaturkey »

Nice. I like a Roof also. I more then a few years made a shore blind for use on a small local lake. Did the entire thing with PVC and those 4 foot sections of switch grass you can buy. Only thing extra I added was a 4x8 pressure treated roof that was also covered in Switch Grass. Wasn't heavy duty, but we could take it down and move it dependent on wind direction in about 30 minutes. Whole thing was held together with heavy duty zip ties, and anchored into the ground with heavy duty tent stakes. We killed a lot of ducks out of that thing for a few years until that 30 acre lake got developed.
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

Looks good, Jeff. You can invite me for a duck shoot in your new blind! Jim
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Jim Cloninger wrote:Looks good, Jeff. You can invite me for a duck shoot in your new blind! Jim
It's a long drive from California to Michigan. :D
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

That's true, Jeff. I will have to drive because I don't go hunting without my Black Lab, Mazie, and I don't trust the airlines with dogs. However, it will be nice to see my brother and sister-in-law in Minnesota on the way!
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.