Duckin' in AR

Use this forum to post pictures of hunting with your Fox.
Silvers

Re: Duckin' in AR

Post by Silvers »

Thanks so much Stan for sharing details and pics of your adventure. Your hosts sound like good people and the blind is way over the top. I like those swivel chairs; so many times we've had guides provide empty 5 gallon bucket “seats” that keep sinking into the mud and are tough with old knees. Good you tightened that tang screw on the Super, probably the most important one on the vintage doubles we love. frank
Aan
Stan Hillis

Re: Duckin' in AR

Post by Stan Hillis »

As far as blinds go, it's a great one. Good memories there over the last 20 or so years. But ........... blinds freeze me to death. I can keep my entire body warm except for my toes. All the hot coffee in the world won't warm them up. I seem to be able to stay warmer in sub-freezing temps when I'm in the water in chest waders. The water has to be warmer than the air, or it would freeze. Been tempted to try a set of the new rechargeable heated insoles, but they're kinda pricey. Also was told that if they ever get wet they're "toast". I just do much better in a blind if the temp is above 30 degrees F.

Best to all, SRH