cut not cut Parker?

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
vaturkey

cut not cut Parker?

Post by vaturkey »

Thoughts
Attachments
pix263738245.jpg
pix644437252.jpg
bbman3

Re: cut not cut Parker?

Post by bbman3 »

Looks not cut to me Tom.How long barrels? Bobby
jimmartin

Post by jimmartin »

Looks uncut based on info available, what's the barrel length? How long are the chokes?
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Serial number book says 30 inch. Barrels are 28 inch. Chokes are IC and improved modified. Seller . Has no tools to measure.
Shane

Post by Shane »

Does the serial number on the barrels match the number on the receiver?
Fox20obsessed

Post by Fox20obsessed »

Uncut. The rib matting stops where it should near the bead and not all the way out to the muzzles and the barrel keels look in place and “correct”.
-Matt
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Shane wrote:Does the serial number on the barrels match the number on the receiver?
Yep. Sure does. Guess the serial number book is just wrong.
Shane

Post by Shane »

vaturkey wrote:Yep. Sure does. Guess the serial number book is just wrong.
Anything is possible. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken. :D
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

I disagree. The pics are too fuzzy to be that definitive. A GOOD gunsmith with precision machine tools can recut/fake the front of the top rib to make the matting go away and hence look proper for a Parker. Same with the man being able to fit new steel keels. In the absence of an arrangement for a hands-on visual and bore mike inspection I'd go with the ledger data citing 30" barrels and value the gun as with cut barrels.

frank
Last edited by Silvers on Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aan
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Silvers wrote:I disagree. The pics are too fuzzy to be that definitive. A GOOD gunsmith with precision machine tools can recut the front of the top rib to make the matting go away. Same with the man being able to fit new steel keels. In the absence of a hands-on visual and bore mike inspection arrangement I'd go with the ledger data citing 30" barrels and value the gun as with cut barrels.

frank
Thanks Frank.
spyder

Post by spyder »

Fox20obsessed wrote:Uncut. The rib matting stops where it should near the bead and not all the way out to the muzzles and the barrel keels look in place and “correct”.
-Matt
That's a great tip. Thanks. Definitive evidence of cut barrels when the matting goes all the way.
Brian Dudley

Post by Brian Dudley »

Looks good to me.

The book does have errors. if a letter can be had, that would tell you different, maybe.
,Brian Dudley
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

FWIW, the gun vanished off gunbroker and was never shown as being sold. It also had a straight grip which also wasn't shown in the serial number book. It was probably a good buy at the asking price of 2K, but frankly with bad pictures and the seller not asking questions and having zero previous feedback it wasn't worth the risk.