daisy red rider

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
simcgunner

daisy red rider

Post by simcgunner »

s
Last edited by simcgunner on Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vaturkey

Re: daisy red rider

Post by vaturkey »

Bad grain flow in the head. Hope the recoil doesn't crack the stock. :D
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Al, thanks for the posting and calling up some memories. Actually I grew up with an older neighbor boy Lenny who put out another boy’s eye with a Daisy. Somehow it happened that our gang had a rivalry with the boys “across the crick”. We stayed mostly in home territories but in Fall would shoot acorns at each other with slingshots. One day Len took a few shots with his Daisy. My Mom was like a broken record afterwards with the put out the eye warnings. I must have heard that phrase a hundred times. Then when I got a little older I had to buy my Red Rider on the sly and keep it hidden under one of the shacks. $7.00 as I recall, all grass cutting and huckleberry picking money. I distinctly remember counting out the coins and the storekeeper Mr. P. rejecting a few Canadian pennies. :)
Aan
simcgunner

Post by simcgunner »

F
Last edited by simcgunner on Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OH Osthaus

Post by OH Osthaus »

still have the one my grandfather gave me

a little weak in the spring -now

the only injury to anyone i remember was a kid from up in the hollow- he somehow fired his BB gun while he had his hand over the muzzle - he never told his parents. I remember him sitting on the school bus long after it healed worrying the BB still in the web between his thumb and forefinger of one hand with the same fingers on other hand when he was looking out the windows
"If there is a heaven it must have thinning aspen gold, and flighting woodcock, and a bird dog" GBE
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

Great memories, indeed. I went through a number of BB guns ........lever actions, single shots, slide actions, pistols, even a S x S (the sorriest one I ever had. Wasn't regulated worth a crap). Then I graduated to a Crosman CO2 powered .22 pellet gun, and it was game on (pun intended).

I never did anyone any serious injury, but did lose my privileges of having mine once for a month. I had a lever action and had counted the number of BBs I loaded into the port on the barrel. As I shot them out I counted them down, or at least I thought I did. My little brother was playing outside in a sand bed in only a pair of short pants, with his back to me. Being a Cowboy and Indian enthusiast, I must have wanted to see what it would have felt like to be a "backshooter". So, thinking my gun was empty, I cocked it and took aim on the center of his back. When the trigger broke I saw the BB in flight all the way to it's mark ....... my brother Mark. Bad day at Blackrock.

SRH
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

"Bad Day at Black Rock". Great movie! :)
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Then there was the “Kruger” pistol that fired a .177 ball using a .12 mg powder charge as per its adverts in period sporting mags. The Kruger sold for something like $3.98. It was a plastic single shot Luger look-alike with a steel tube barrel liner that used one toy pistol cap (the kind that came in rolls) to fire a single regular BB. My cousin Joe had one and the BB would punch through heavy cardboard at a range of 4-5 yards. Kind of neat for kids back then but slow to reload. Then one day we discovered we could magnum-ize it by using 2 and even 3 caps. 8)
Aan
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

Silvers wrote:Then there was the “Kruger” pistol that fired a .177 ball using a .12 mg powder charge as per its adverts in period sporting mags. The Kruger sold for something like $3.98. It was a plastic single shot Luger look-alike with a steel tube barrel liner that used one toy pistol cap (the kind that came in rolls) to fire a single regular BB. My cousin Joe had one and the BB would punch through heavy cardboard at a range of 4-5 yards. Kind of neat for kids back then but slow to reload. Then one day we discovered we could magnum-ize it by using 2 and even 3 caps. 8)

Which eventually led to the development of the Super Fox. :lol:
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
simcgunner

Post by simcgunner »

W
Last edited by simcgunner on Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

I love the photo, Simmgunner!
Jim
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
Brian Dudley

Post by Brian Dudley »

That one was on the Custom Hand Checkering group if I remember correctly. Likely will be the nicest red rider ever with the effort put into that.
,Brian Dudley
bbman3

Post by bbman3 »

What a great picture! Bobby
JJ ROBERTS

Post by JJ ROBERTS »

My first gun was a Daisy Red Rider living in New Jersey BB gun were not allowed a class mate when each year on vacation with his parents to Pennsylvania and told me how easy it was to buy a BB gun there that all I had to hear on his next vacation I have him ten dollars and he came back with Red Rider for me that's the first gun I purchased for my son. J.J.
Maggiemollie

Post by Maggiemollie »

I had an old air pump Sheridan .20 caliber Blue Streak. That gun had power and was accurate. Shot pigeons under the local bridge, rabbits, squirrel and a few Canada Goose in fields along the way. Lasted probably 40 years before the seals just gave out.