Hausmann's: Endless Mountain Melancholy

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Mike of the Mountain

Re: Hausmann's: Endless Mountain Melancholy

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

Nice pics guys. Regarding that last one of Ad Roll, I have a pic with a different way to spell Roll!!! :lol: :lol:
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

It seems like once I found a "video" of a hunting dog show that was filmed at Hausmann's. Does anyone remember the show? I would like to watch it for old time's sake. Found one, Bird Dog's Afield.
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Jeff S wrote:It seems like once I found a "video" of a hunting dog show that was filmed at Hausmann's. Does anyone remember the show? I would like to watch it for old time's sake. Found one, Bird Dog's Afield.
Jeff, that was this one. I was there at the time. Paul is a good fellow.

http://www.birddogsafield.com/videos/20 ... assic.html
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Paul and Morris.
Attachments
DSC01357.JPG
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Good video Tom. I believe there's also one from 2018.
Stan Hoover

Post by Stan Hoover »

My son Shane shooting Mad Jack with Stephen Cobb and another gentleman (unknown) observing.
My son Shane shooting Mad Jack with Stephen Cobb and another gentleman (unknown) observing.
Enjoying the pictures, I'm hoping to add a picture although I don't think it has a Fox shotgun present.
Stan
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

Thanks Stan. There's our future.
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Jeff S wrote:Good video Tom. I believe there's also one from 2018.

Yep. Here is that one. I was there that time also. Miss going this year. http://www.birddogsafield.com/videos/20 ... assic.html
ROMAC

Post by ROMAC »

Melancholy is not strong enough of a word.

I was supposed to pick up my 7 year in the making custom 2 barreled 16 gauge, God only knows what grade, custom Gournet- engraved Fox at Hauseman's. Dan Rossiter and I have been in constant communication lately and it looks like I may have to meet up with him on the grounds of Griffin & Howe in the coming weeks to finally lay my hands on it.

It will be worth the wait.
Last edited by ROMAC on Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
TOOL MAN

Post by TOOL MAN »

Mike of the Mountain wrote:Nice pics guys. Regarding that last one of Ad Roll, I have a pic with a different way to spell Roll!!! :lol: :lol:
Yup.....meant as a tender tribute to a fellow peddler----the esteemed titan of the AHFGC Sales Dept.---- and where did it get me? An eruption from the Parker peanut gallery, brutal heckling and the endless catcalls: "Is that A-ROLL or A-Hole" reverberating across the verdant, rolling terrain of the Endless Mountains! Toolman had to dispose of his FITASC approved Bermuda's as the groin area was charred beyond recognition, the painful aftermath of chestnuts roasting a wee bit too long. Not to worry "for he who giveth, can taketh" and besides, REVENGE is ever so sweet!!!!
A ROLL.jpg
A ROLL.jpg (74.82 KiB) Viewed 3238 times
chestnuts.jpg
On the whole....I'd rather be in Philadelphia....
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

ROMAC wrote:Melancholy is not strong enough of a word.

I was supposed to pick up my 7 year in the making custom 2 barreled 16 gauge God only knows what grade custom Gournet engraved Fox at Hauseman's. Dan Rossiter and I have been in constant communication lately and it looks like I may have to meet up with him on the grounds of Griffin & Howe in the coming weeks to finally lay my hands on it.

It will be worth the wait.
Roger good things come to one who waits. That said, that's a long time. I recall my first custom fox (the Abby Gun) sat at an engravers shop for over a year before I had to tell him I needed it back so I could get it done before Abby passed away. When I picked it back up it hadn't been touched during that year and was covered with surface rust (which thankfully polished out fine). Sure your gun will be spectacular when done and certainly one of a kind.
SXS ohio

Post by SXS ohio »

What a great thread!! I miss being there this June....Its one of the hi points in my sporting life only behind hunting wild birds! Here are some pics from 2018, 2019 that I have...SXS Ohio
Attachments
Home sweet home...Its great , not having to drive home after the PARTY  wink wink
Home sweet home...Its great , not having to drive home after the PARTY wink wink
MY Boss...Ruby  being driven in the RST buggy...
MY Boss...Ruby being driven in the RST buggy...
Harold Pickens camp...
Harold Pickens camp...
Out back ware the fun, food and drink happens...That's Paul lower left, he owns the camping and parking field, what a great guy!!(-:
Out back ware the fun, food and drink happens...That's Paul lower left, he owns the camping and parking field, what a great guy!!(-:
Up on the hill...small gauge course with Harold, Kenny Alan and Brett
Up on the hill...small gauge course with Harold, Kenny Alan and Brett
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

If you go to "birddogsafield" website, you can search and find many years of the Northeast Shoot and find some really great pictures from years gone by.
Mike of the Mountain

TOOL MAN wrote:
Mike of the Mountain wrote:Nice pics guys. Regarding that last one of Ad Roll, I have a pic with a different way to spell Roll!!! :lol: :lol:
Yup.....meant as a tender tribute to a fellow peddler----the esteemed titan of the AHFGC Sales Dept.---- and where did it get me? An eruption from the Parker peanut gallery, brutal heckling and the endless catcalls: "Is that A-ROLL or A-Hole" reverberating across the verdant, rolling terrain of the Endless Mountains! Toolman had to dispose of his FITASC approved Bermuda's as the groin area was charred beyond recognition, the painful aftermath of chestnuts roasting a wee bit too long. Not to worry "for he who giveth, can taketh" and besides, REVENGE is ever so sweet!!!!
A ROLL.jpg
chestnuts.jpg

As Moe Howard said in "Three Little Knights", "He that taketh it can also disheth it out..." :lol: :lol:
Mike of the Mountain

Thought I'd throw this one out for a retro meme...
TEAMSTOAT16.jpg
TEAMSTOAT16.jpg (42.88 KiB) Viewed 3142 times