Question on letters

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Fin2Feather

Question on letters

Post by Fin2Feather »

The tab on the home pages says for a factory letter: $65 for Sterlingworths and for graded guns. Are both now the same price and is this the current price? Thanks...
Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
eightbore

Re: Question on letters

Post by eightbore »

This is the price for letters from Savage Arms Corp., not from A.H. Fox Collectors Association. They are two different organizations.
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

Well geez, I know that. That wasn't the question.
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

I guess I was too vague: Does anyone know what the current price would be if I want to get a Savage letter on my Fox A grade 12? Thank you.
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Verification may be easily be done by calling Savage in Westfield on Monday morning and asking for the cost of historical research letters. In the past when I've called the receptionist was able to relate the current cost without having to check on it or transfer me to someone else. Once obtained perhaps you can post the result of that call.

frank
Aan
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

Just thought someone here probably knows. Thanks Frank. Will do.
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

Well, it would have nice if it had been that easy :roll: . I was passed to three different people; the last one said she thinks the price is $60. I said it used to be two different prices, Sterly or a graded gun; she said "They changed that." When I asked if she was sure she decided to see if she could find out; lots of rustling of papers, etc. and she finally settled on $65. So I guess that may or may not be the price.
JasonPeck

Post by JasonPeck »

As the price keeps going up, the quality keeps doing down.
AHFCA Life Member
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

Yeah; I only have one gun that I don't have a letter for and that just feels wrong. On the other hand I can do a lot of shooting for $65.00.
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

I think the best thing to do now given where we are with Savage is just to get a copy of the order cards and call it a day.
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

I think you're probably right. I do wish the order cards had the date on them though.
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

I will continue to suggest that we find a way to promote the donation of the Savage records to the A H Fox Collectors Association, regardless of the expense in time and effort involved. The Parker Gun Collectors Association will give you advice about the procuring of your records. Kevin McCormack, an AHFCA board member, and I, will help you out. We both participated in the Parker-Remington project, Kevin from start to finish.
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

So let’s pretend you’re the CEO of Savage and you get asked for the Fox record card archives by an association led by 5 gents with three year terms, and it has no physical location, no dedicated staff and no specific means to store and preserve them. Then you ask how all that will happen and you’re told, they’ll figure that out after they get the cards.

What would your answer be? :lol: :lol:
Aan
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

Silvers wrote:So let’s pretend you’re the CEO of Savage and you get asked for the Fox record card archives by an association led by 5 gents with three year terms, and it has no physical location, no dedicated staff and no specific means to store and preserve them. Then you ask how all that will happen and you’re told, they’ll figure that out after they get the cards.

What would your answer be? :lol: :lol:
Of all the forums I visit Franks response has to be the most cogent I have ever seen. As much as I'd like to see that I know it will never happen.
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

Frank gives the reputation of his organization way too little credit. There is also the subject of the tax deduction for Savage and the end of the three phone calls a year about "Fox letters" that they get and probably find to be a real pain. I will volunteer to write the "tax deduction" letter for Savage to send to IRS in very legitimate legal terms. The rather light part of my qualifications in this search is my lack of any friendship with Savage higher ups. I could solve that with a little time and effort. Let's get this thing going.