SN check: 94559

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Bill Graham

SN check: 94559

Post by Bill Graham »

Would a manufacturing year be available for 94559 from anyone here, or would a factory letter be needed to discover that data point?
Thank you.
hihaven

Re: SN check: 94559

Post by hihaven »

Doublegunshop.com has a production listing, yours looks to be 1922 12ga. sterlingworth
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

There are huge discrepancies in that serial number chronology which was originally produced by Lightner Library back in 1976. But, as bleak as most Sterlingworth production cards are it isn't worth the cost of a letter to get a more precise date.
Share the knowledge
hihaven

Post by hihaven »

I sent for a sterlingworth letter last August and have never received it or had my check cashed
Sporrns

Post by Sporrns »

Thanks for posting this, hihaven. I have been asking people who have sent requests and money in to Savage for research letters to relate their experiences with the process. Seems they are put through in bunches after enough are accumulated to warrant an employee spending a few hours looking the batch up, then letters are generated and sent. A request I placed in October of 2019 was finally answered with a letter and my check was returned without ever being cashed the first week in March of this year. A second request with check I sent immediately after that first one has not been responded to yet. I suspect it will undergo the same type processing, so I am not expecting it until the end of summer. Kevin
Last edited by Sporrns on Wed May 20, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

Another series of events that makes me think that Savage should surrender the original cards to our organization. Good for them, good for us.
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

If they did, where would the association store them? A picture of just part of the boxes of cards --
Archives at Savage.jpeg
Share the knowledge
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

Dave, I've heard that question and seen that picture many times. What say we wait until we make the deal to worry about that.
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

What say we wait until we make the deal to worry about that.
Sounds like President Shrub's idea to invade Iraq with no thought of what would fill the vacuum when Saddam was gone!
Share the knowledge
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

I thought Craig did not want any politics on the forum!
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

I think that attempting to procure the Savage Fox records for our research use is a far cry from Mr. Researcher's alarmist comments.