A "sort of" Christmas story...

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Fin2Feather

A "sort of" Christmas story...

Post by Fin2Feather »

My wife's "little" brother is an artisan and a craftsman - he makes and sells cool bowls made from old lariat ropes, beautiful wood boxes, jewelry carved from antler, etc., and lately knives. One of his friends gave him a pair of deer antlers and the two were so perfectly matched he decided to use them for a pair of knife handles. He sent me pics as they progressed. He mounted them on a leather-covered display plaque. I don't own one of his knives so I decided to buy myself a Christmas present, and asked him to tell me when they were done and what his price was, which he did. Busy time of year, one thing leading to another. Finally a couple days later I sent him a text saying I wanted the knives; he replied, "Sorry; I sold them Christmas Eve."

I was pretty disappointed, and mad at myself for not taking care of business. I replied "Well, good for you. I guess when you snooze, you lose!" That night, eating Christmas dinner left overs, I said to my wife, "I hope Wade didn't sell those knives too cheap; he sure sold them quick! I'm so mad at myself for not talking to him sooner; I really wanted them."

My wife looked at me and said, "I'm the buyer." It didn't register at first; I probably said, "Huh?" She said, "I'm the buyer. I knew you wanted them so I called him right after he gave you the price and bought them. It was going to be a surprise but I didn't want you to go around feeling sorry for yourself." Just another thing that reinforced the decision I made (it will be 50 years in June). I haven't talked to him yet; don't know if he knows she told me. Might be a while before I get them; hopefully I'll get up there for one more hunt before season's end. Some pics below.

Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
Jeff S

Re: A "sort of" Christmas story...

Post by Jeff S »

Those are beautiful knives and that’s a great story. Merry Christmas!
glassman48

Post by glassman48 »

That is quite a good christmas story Phil, congratulations, what a great set of knives. What a wife you have to not make you "suffer" any longer too:)
MARSHFELLOW

Post by MARSHFELLOW »

Nice story Phil, what a lovely surprise.
tjw
IN GOD WE TRUST. SPE Skeet & Uplands and AH Fox vent rib guns a specialty
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

Great looking knives and great story!!
Regards - Foxnut