Sterlingworth questions

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
whisperbow

Sterlingworth questions

Post by whisperbow »

I bought my 16 ga 2yrs. but it has taken that much time due to snags to get it finished. My questions:
1. I loaded 2 shells then fired the right barrel and it doubled on me because the sear for the back trigger wouldn't hold. I finally found a sear and got it installed. Now that it is installed everything works but the front trigger has a harder trigger pull then the back trigger with the new sear?
2. Also, My stock man pointed out the side movement of the triggers is around 3/32". Should I install new triggers?
Brian Dudley

Re: Sterlingworth questions

Post by Brian Dudley »

Your sears/hammer notches need to be reworked for the appropriate trigger pulls.

Some play side to side with the triggers is relatively normal. 3/32" is very excessive and touching on impossible, so I would question the accuracy of that measurement. You likely have no issue here to address.
,Brian Dudley