Fox Factory

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
grouse28

Fox Factory

Post by grouse28 »

I was looking at the pictures of the Fox factory under the Catalog heading of the home page.
Seems they lowered the street quite a bit, perhaps 8 or 10 feet. The middle picture shows part of the building on
temporary cribbing. The other photos show what looks like to be the addition of a lower floor level under the original building. If so that was quite an accomplishment.
Researcher

Re: Fox Factory

Post by Researcher »

Here is a wider view of the regrade --
A.H. Fox Gun Co. Factory Aug 6, 1913.jpg
Here is a picture of the factory in late 1906/early 1907 shortly after the A.H. Fox Gun Co. moved in.
1907 post card
1907 post card
and from a 1907 catalog --
1907 Pocket 04.jpg
Share the knowledge
ROMAC

Post by ROMAC »

I go past it 2X's every day on those train tracks. I'll be going by it in about an hour this morning.

I look at it everytime and wonder how many Foxes are still hiding in closets in the area. There still has to be a few.
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
grouse28

Post by grouse28 »

What is the building used for today?
ROMAC

Post by ROMAC »

Storage.

There is no business activity going on as far as I can tell.

All of the WWI expansions were torn down about 7 years ago. At the time I started a thread with a link to an article written by a reporter that had about 15 pictures that were taken just before the demolition started. That link no longer works.

It sits alone on the corner of the lot and is surrounded on the south and west by a couple of acres of weeds.

Here are a few pictures I still have on my phone.
Attachments
IMG_4387.JPG
IMG_4481.JPG
Last edited by ROMAC on Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

Here is the factory in 1986 with my shiny new Ford E-150 sitting next to it.
Factory, 1986.jpg
The sign above a door, seen directly over the rear of my van, said "Keystone Cable" but it was locked up when we were there on a weekend.
Share the knowledge
kmcdonnell

Post by kmcdonnell »

Fox Factory from Google Maps
Fox Factory from Google Maps
Google map shows a photo of what it looks like.