XE Question

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Jim McKee

XE Question

Post by Jim McKee »

Were the engraved birds (ducks and quail) always flying away from the shooter or were they some times positioned like they were flying toward the shooter?
Thanks!
Jim
Researcher

Re: XE Question

Post by Researcher »

The birds are flying towards the butt on most of the regular XE-Grades I know, but they are flying towards the muzzle on X HE 30069.
Share the knowledge
birdawg

Post by birdawg »

I have both combinations: incoming birds both sides, outgoing birds on both sides, and one that has out going birds on one side and incoming birds on the other. ?
"I have more than I need, but not as many as I want"
"The search continues on many fronts"
Life Member, A.H. Fox Collectors Association.
ROMAC

Post by ROMAC »

My deep engraved, fox nose down 12 gauge XE has outgoing birds.
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
arcmaster

Post by arcmaster »

Mine is just like Romac's engraving, deep relief with the birds pointing towards the muzzle or flying away. Mine is also a nose down fox.

thanks
Mike