What makes a great Fox collection?

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
JasonPeck

Re: What makes a great Fox collection?

Post by JasonPeck »

dc3dog wrote:What makes a great Fox collection for me is having one in my collection. Not that what I have is really a 'collection' but does include o/u's, pump's, but no sxs :(
That is until last week when I walked into a really fine gun store to pickup some power and wads. That's all. Power and wads. oh and a pretty nice Ansley H. Fox Grade A, SXS shotgun :)

This particular gun

Krupp Fluid Steel Made By
A.H. Fox Gun Co. Phila. PA

Pat'D Aug. 1 1905
Oct 17 1905 - Jan. 16 1906
SN: 174x

is a shooter. I know because I cleaned it and shot a round of trap with it. I intend to shoot some skeet with it as well (and not just on vintage day :) )!
If you get a chance we would love to see some pictures of your early 4 digit A-grade Fox.
AHFCA Life Member
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

Tool Man....that is classic!!! As long as your not adding to the HELOC to acquire them!!!
Regards - Foxnut
dc3dog

Post by dc3dog »

These are what I have for now. More to come.
grip.JPG
krupp.JPG
1747 A.JPG
After I took to it with some clean rags, warm water, a little mild soap, and a considerable amount elbow grease. This is what I found.
So far I am rather pleased. :)
grip-a.JPG
Last edited by dc3dog on Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

We can only hope to look that good at 113!! Nice!
Share the knowledge
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

In my earlier post, I identified my varied interests. However, I didn't identify my Fox interests. I have found a 30" flat side in high condition, a Skeet and Upland in high condition, a nice little 20 Sterlingworth Philly gun in high condition, a nice B Philadelphia Arms 30" gun in shooter condition, a real minty 30" AE with short stock, some nice shooter quality Super Foxes with a bunch of color, one lettered to Nash at his store. This one arrived at Carrigan's before Bo Whoop, and in time for his famous Canadian trip. It was rescued from Canada where he apparently sold it or gave it away to one of his friends or guides. My favorites may be a couple of J Grades, original and loaded up with color, and a near mint K which appears to be a refugee from the Savage Arms museum. I'm out of breath from bragging, for which I apologize. I am still looking for a long barrel XE 12, preferably a 32".