2019 Vintage Cup

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Silvers

2019 Vintage Cup

Post by Silvers »

As many of you know the 2019 Vintage Cup will be held this year for the first time at Hausmann's Hidden Hollow in NE PA, on September 19-21. Spotted this poster today at the sporting club where my gang was shooting. Poster is a little large for one cell pic so I took two.

Man, I have fond memories of the "World Side by Side Shotgun Championship" when it was at Sandanona and Pintail Point.

Just wondering, maybe our AHFCA will see fit to revive the Ansley H Fox Championship as we did for those years when the VC was at Pintail Point and Addieville?

frank
VC 1.jpg
VC 2.jpg
Aan
TOOL MAN

Re: 2019 Vintage Cup

Post by TOOL MAN »

Thanks Silvs…..this flyer will actually be featured in our upcoming NL as well. Tom Snyder and his team have done a bang-up job getting out in front of this event. Many of us have fond memories of "the glory days of the VC".....4-days of doublegun overload. Tents jam-packed with vendors/shooters/buyers. A frat party, where we counted the days until it opened and hated to see it end on Sunday afternoon. We all hope that the VGC will return to its former splendor!!
On the whole....I'd rather be in Philadelphia....
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

Nothing like McIntosh and Trevallion getting well oiled at Ray's parties. :lol:
Share the knowledge
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Trophies were pretty spiffy back in the day at the VC/Sandanona. None of that bling or trinkets as we see at some of the modern day shoots. :P

Here's the hallmark on a fancy engraved serving dish.
VC 4.jpg
Back to this year's VC at Hidden Hollow - how about that Field gun event = 10 simos on the 5 stand and your SxS must weigh < 6-13? Just the event for our Foxers with lightweight small bores and only 20 shots so you don't get pounded as on a 50 or 100 bird course. I like it. 8)
Aan
Mills

Post by Mills »

My son Harry and I are coming. Got airline tickets, hotel and everything
LeatherWoodSteel

Post by LeatherWoodSteel »

I attended the years it was at Pintail and it was fantastic. I can’t wait to go again this year and see the event return to its former glory. Also, can’t wait for the Southern in a couple weeks.
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

Mills wrote:My son Harry and I are coming. Got airline tickets, hotel and everything

How are you going to get all those guns on 1 airplane????
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

McIntosh and Trevallion getting well oiled at Ray P's parties? I think we may have to be content with a couple of Yuenglings and a burger or a half smoke from the vendors unless the hangers on get invited to the vendor's feed. The days of the white tablecloths at Sandanona are over. I'm kind of glad it's over.
Mills

Post by Mills »

Mike of the Mountain wrote:
Mills wrote:My son Harry and I are coming. Got airline tickets, hotel and everything

How are you going to get all those guns on 1 airplane????

I am working on that as we speak.