xxx

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
JasonPeck

Re: AH Fox Collectors Group on Facebook

Post by JasonPeck »

xxx
Last edited by JasonPeck on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
AHFCA Life Member
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

JasonPeck wrote:
Silvers wrote:That sounds just great. So what is the mechanism by which FB folks are being steered here? Any examples of technical, historical or other contributions by new FB folks on this site? Any idea how many have joined up as paying members to help fund the AHFCA and its efforts? Also, a suggestion to the Fox FB moderator: can you ask FB folks who get steered here to let us know in their first post that they originated from FB? Thank you.
We have a "sticky" pinned to the top of the FB group with a direct link to AHFCA membership form. Not sure how to quantify it, but I will ask any who sign here up to let us know in their first post.
Thank you Jason.
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

Jason: Thanks for making the effort to spread the AH Fox gospel with your Facebook page!! I joined the group and check it out every day. A little friendly competition and alternatives are good and it helps improve the experience for all collectors. Craig
JasonPeck

Post by JasonPeck »

xxx
Last edited by JasonPeck on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
AHFCA Life Member
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Deleted
Last edited by Silvers on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

Many guys post pics oftheir Foxguns and hunting successes on theFB page. It is so simple to post on FB,even carry on "discussions" and ask questions in almost real time,that is why,for the most part, FB has more activity than a website. Both have pluses and drawbacks. I manage multiple FB pages for other organizations. I would never want to manage another website than theone we (RMSC) have now!!

Research has shown that if you want to reach a younger crowd, we need the presence on multiple internet forums (Website for the older generation. FB,twitter,instagram, etc for the younger.) It is, what it is.
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Agree with you Mike. There are lots of folks who aren't collectors but who are just heavy users of Foxes. They have found the Fox FB page and are jumping in with both feet and some new Foxes are showing up for us to look at. I hit both sites a lot. You are correct, the ability to upload photos directly off your hard drive or from your smart phone is a big selling point for this younger generation. They don't want to fool around with Photobucket or Picturetrail etc.
abner

Post by abner »

I am not a Facebook person, but I joined the FOX sight off my wife's Facebook page to see what was happening. Now every time there is a new picture posting my wife runs in with her IPAD to show me the new FOX photo. I'm with you Frank, I have not joined the 21st Century with Facebook, but I think we are behind the times. :lol: :lol:
Ralph
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

I do not do Facebook and see no need for having it. Jim
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

Some REALLY NICE Fox guns have been posted this week. I was especially impressed with the Ryan Busse gun.
budrichard

Post by budrichard »

FaceBook requires exposure of your name and information that could be used to locate yourself.
As a firearms collector, I keep a low profile and as much as I like my Fox, I have decided not to follow.-Richard
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

budrichard wrote:FaceBook requires exposure of your name and information that could be used to locate yourself.
As a firearms collector, I keep a low profile and as much as I like my Fox, I have decided not to follow.-Richard
Interesting. I know of more then one person who uses alias on FB just like they do on various other forums.
JasonPeck

Post by JasonPeck »

xxx
Last edited by JasonPeck on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
AHFCA Life Member
JasonPeck

Post by JasonPeck »

xxx
Last edited by JasonPeck on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
AHFCA Life Member
Double O

Post by Double O »

I love seeing the Fox guns and getting info from a useful Facebook page. Jason, keep up the great work,