xxx

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
JasonPeck

Re: AH Fox Collectors Group on Facebook

Post by JasonPeck »

xxx
Last edited by JasonPeck on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
AHFCA Life Member
Mills

Post by Mills »

I am on both sites and like both. They both kind of serve similar but different purposes.
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

I applaud and curse Jason at the same time. I do a lot of FB communication. Personal page, Rock Mountain, Susquehanna Branch QDMA, so I spend a lot of my online time there. It certainly is more entertaining than 99% of what's on TV. The new Fox FB page will spark more interest in our beloved double guns and will also take more of my time regarding our beloved double guns!! :shock: I see the new FB page as a positive thing. Thanks Jason! :D Curse you Jason!! :roll: For those concerned about getting a lot of emails and notifications generated from a FB account, not to worry, you can set your settings to not allow notifications and emails.
swampyankee

Post by swampyankee »

I joined yesterday. That was me who posted the 1908 A in the case. I had a huge response and I think the FB page will will only help the AHFCA.
birdawg

Post by birdawg »

Now if we could get a like button on the post on this page. I wonder how the parker group does that?
"I have more than I need, but not as many as I want"
"The search continues on many fronts"
Life Member, A.H. Fox Collectors Association.
GradeIII

Post by GradeIII »

I use Facebook a lot, and am a member of Jason's Fox Facebook group. I really enjoy the photos and commentary from the other group members. I give it a thumbs up!
Dana Farrell
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

JasonPeck wrote:
Jeff S wrote:Might be worth a try to get involved in additional dialog, however, I may need a tutorial. Now that I have clicked on the green box that says "join", what happens? (I might not be a member of the target demographic group)
You should have access now. Let me know if you have any trouble.
It has to be tough putting up with those of us who are technologically challenged. I clicked on your facebook link again today, but all I saw was a page with a very nice, high grade Fox. No dialog or interesting pictures, so, I requested to "join" a 2nd time and it says "pending". Maybe I'll figure it out tomorrow. Jeff
67galaxie

Post by 67galaxie »

I'm a member of it. Keith Sirmans. Just posted a picture of another double and a wood duck
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

67galaxie wrote:I'm a member of it. Keith Sirmans. Just posted a picture of another double and a wood duck
Ahhhh! I get it. I found your picture. Nice wood duck.
Mike of the Mountain

birdawg wrote:Now if we could get a like button on the post on this page. I wonder how the parker group does that?

birddawg, the "techies" in charge of this site are working on that very request. :D
67galaxie

Post by 67galaxie »

Thanks Jeff!
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

"Techies" who are into 100+ yr. old shotguns. Now, that's a juxtaposition if I ever saw one, yet ...... here we are!! :shock:

SRH
Mike of the Mountain

Stan Hillis wrote:"Techies" who are into 100+ yr. old shotguns. Now, that's a juxtaposition if I ever saw one, yet ...... here we are!! :shock:

SRH
Different world today, isn't it Stan? 8)

"It takes all kind of critters to make Farmer Vincent's Fritters...."
JasonPeck

Post by JasonPeck »

xxx
Last edited by JasonPeck on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
AHFCA Life Member
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

That sounds just great. So what is the mechanism by which FB folks are being steered here? Any examples of technical, historical or other contributions by new FB folks on this site? Any idea how many have joined up as paying members to help fund the AHFCA and its efforts? Also, a suggestion to the Fox FB moderator: can you ask FB folks who get steered here to let us know in their first post that they originated from FB? Thank you.