EMERGENCE.....The History of US (AHFCA)

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services

EMERGENCE.....The History of US (AHFCA)

Postby fox-admin » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:35 am

Fox Fans,

Attached is a neat little article penned by fellow Director, Steve Cambria (a.k.a. Tool Man) that he had hoped to have published in one of several, sporting magazines. Unfortunately, because it wasn't about a specific gun nor a hunting trip or method, the editors rejected it.
Thankfully, due to the generosity of Dean Romig and the PGCA Board members, it is featured in the current issue of The Parker Pages.
For space limitation issues we ( the BOD) decided to post-up on the site rather than to take up the majority of our Spring newsletter.

I urge both current and prospective members to give it a read. It tells the story of how this wonderful group of ours was formed and the five guys who dug the foundation. Steve is an ardent devotee to history and is always telling us to stop, take stock and reflect on all the great things we have accomplished in a relatively short period of time. After reading his piece I think you will agree that he's correct in that assertion. Please be sure to look at the accompanying pictures (in the subsequent post) as they depict a chronological view of key events all the way back to our birthing in 2007. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and sincerely hope that it will entice the 'fence-sitters' to ante-up and get involved in "The Finest Gun Collecting Club in the World." Enjoy!!!
Craig Larter
http://www.foxcollectors.com/EMERGENCE.pdf
fox-admin
Site Admin

Re: EMERGENCE PHOTOS.....The History of US (AHFCA)

Postby TOOL MAN » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:42 am

In the Beginning......Hidden Hollow May 2007. The Fox BOD's sing "Wishing you were Here" to Dave Noreen out on the Left Coast. They are holding a very rare, 32" 20b Sterlingworth!!! Can you say, "hens teeth???"

May 2008 at Hidden Hollow. Our first Bo-Whoop competition and Champion, Mike Campbell, who also repeated in 2009

The AHFCA rocks The Vintage Cup at Pintail Point, Sept. 2008. Don Stuff's creative "Fox gets the Game" diorama stole the show!!

The Philly "FAB-5" centerfold (second in sales to The Fausti Girls Calendar) Pintail Point, Sept. 2008
From L-R, Eisenlohr (Noreen), Barthmaier (Srebro), Roll (Cambria), Fox (Larter), Eyster (Plunkett)

AHFCA Directors Plunkett, Srebro and Cambria working the booth at East Coast Fine Arms Show, Greenwich, CT 2009

Vintage Cup 2009, Pintail Point, MD. A glimpse into the Fox booth and some hi-grade "Philly Iron"

Paul Plunkett presents 2010 Bo-Whoop Champion George Griscom with his trophy at Hidden Hollow, June 2010. George repeated as BW Champ again in 2011. Sadly, George passed away just last year and we sincerely hope he is out hunting a Heavenly covert with his beloved Sterlingworth!!

Don't drop this one, Dave!!! Director Dave Noreen holding tight to the famed "Bo-Whoop" with Jim Julia (anxiously) looking on. Las Vegas Show, Jan 2010.

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!! The Fox gang at the LV Antique Arms Show, Jan 2011

Dana Tauber stands guard over a "Knock-Out' array of pristine Foxes at the OGCA Show--May 2011

Together Again for the First Time---Fox SBT owners display 8 wonderful examples at Hidden Hollow--June 2011

The Fox Booth in Vegas--Jan 2012

Whooping it Up at the Bo-Whoop Shoot----Hidden Hollow, June 2012

To the Victors.... PGCA Director Larry Frey presents Paul Plunkett with the first, Fox vs Parker Challenge Trophy--Vintage Cup at Addieville East Farm-----Sept. 2012

As CHICAGO said back in '68........'Only the beginning....only just the start......"
Get Involved!!! You won't regret it!!------TOOL MAN
On the whole....I'd rather be in Philadelphia....
TOOL MAN

Re: EMERGENCE.....The History of US (AHFCA)

Postby Witty1 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:49 pm

Thanks for sharing great post. I look forward to attending some of these events in the future.
Witty1
Witty1

Postby Fin2Feather » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Nice article!
Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
Fin2Feather

Postby eightbore » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:14 am

Thanks for the article and the pictures, Steve and Craig. The pictures are evidence of how much goes on and how much fun is had at shows and side by side events. We all travel long distances to attend such events and those who do not take the time to attend are missing out on many great times.
Last edited by eightbore on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eightbore

Postby abner » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:01 am

Craig thanks for the history review, it is good to look back and see all the progress. Steve thanks for the article--well written and to the point--only problem is I skipped French and slept through English and had to use the dictionary a few times. :lol:
Ralph
abner

Postby birdawg » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 am

I hope it is posted as part of the web site and kept there for all of the future members to understand how a few dedicated men made a organization that brings value to all double gun lovers.
"I have more than I need, but not as many as I want"
"The search continues on many fronts"
Life Member, A.H. Fox Collectors Association.
birdawg

Postby cpmaloney » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi,
I am new to the Fox Collectors site and I am writing my first post. My Dad's Fox is a 12 GA side by side with the S/N 78553. I am wondering about the history of the gun. When was it maufactured? It has the Sterlingworth on it also.What kind of a price does this gun usually bring at a gun show? This gun is not for sale. The Pat stamps show up until 1906. I see no mark on the S/N area as to the Grade.
I was at a Rod and Gun Club today and shot the gun for the first time on 30-35 years. I loved it. Hit 6 out of 8 "birds" on the low house. There was a man there who said the gun should be "re-done" by a professional. I have the name of a person and I need guidance as to how much I should have done. Can someone please help me on this?
Thanks,
C.P.
PS. Please don't ask how I did on the high house.
cpmaloney

Postby fullchoke16 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:34 am

You might want to start a "new topic" on this subject. You're sort of in the wrong place to be seen as this thread is about the history of the organization.
Recoil is most noticed when I miss
fullchoke16

Postby OH Osthaus » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:57 pm

very nice

it's great to learn the history of the group
"If there is a heaven it must have thinning aspen gold, and flighting woodcock, and a bird dog" GBE
OH Osthaus

Postby Connecticut Yank » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:19 am

Tool Boy- thanks for directing me to this thread. Now I know why HH is so special to you.
Connecticut Yank

Return to Fox Collectors Forum