Parker Challenge!!

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
fox-admin
Site Admin

Parker Challenge!!

Post by fox-admin »

Telegraph: Nicetown Station, PA

TO: The MATRONS of Meriden

FR: Adolph R. Roll, Sales Dept., A.H. Fox Gun Co.

RE: May 9th Shooting Contest

Greetings from N. 18th and Windram.

The Main Line is awash with rumors, that a few of you “ladiesâ€
TOOL MAN

The line in the sand.......

Post by TOOL MAN »

Ahhhhhhh, nothing quite like the smell of chestnuts roasting on Cherry St.!!!! It smells.....like VICTORY!!

A. ROLL
On the whole....I'd rather be in Philadelphia....
mike campbell

Post by mike campbell »

I'm ready. Any plans for a morning repast or other such assembly?
Beware the man with one gun...he likely will bore you to death in others ways, too.
mc15426378

Post by mc15426378 »

Talk about throwing down the gauntlet! Great challenge. How about one for the Smith boys, or should I say girls. They had to employ some attractive young ladies to shoot for them at the Southern SxS in order to beat the Parker matrons. Check out the Smith site for photos.

Mike
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

I sense a butt-kickin' comin' down. Go get 'em, Foxers!
Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
TOOL MAN

THE STING

Post by TOOL MAN »

Yes comrades, mission half accomplished. Nothing like whacking a hornets nest in the heat of the afternoon. The PGCA swarm, is obviously, a wee bit agitated.

ROLL
On the whole....I'd rather be in Philadelphia....
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

+++++ WESTERN UNION TELEGRAPH SERVICES +++++

I have your valued reply of yesterday and congratulate A H Fox Gun Co shooters that took high honors at the Addieville East Farm. Business commitments made me quite unable to witness our Fox Gun Co representatives matched against our Meriden brothers in arms.

I look forward to next challenge contest at Hausmann's Farm in Penna, to wit, first weekend of June. Easy access by Ontario & Western RR spur line to Montrose Station thence to Friendsville by coach.

Frank J Barthmaier
Secretary & Treasurer
A H Fox Gun Co

copy/ Ansley H Fox
FOXIST

Post by FOXIST »

News Flash! At Addieville East Farm, the team representing the A H Fox Gun Company of Philidelphia Pa. won the day against the formidable shooting team representing the Parker Brothers Gun Works of Meriden Ct.
There was fine shooting diplayed by both teams on a very difficult clays course layed out by the great staff at Addieville East Farm. Team Parker fielded seven shooters who were more than up to the task and put on a great showing. Team Fox had three shooters and was lucky enough to win the day when the scores were posted.
We have been informed that team Parker wants a re-match at Hidden Hollow in Friendsville Pa. in the coming weeks. Foxers grab that favorite Fox and head up to H.H. Paul

Team Fox left to right Mike Campbell of Western N.Y., Steve Cambria (Toolman) of CT. and Paul Plunkett III(FOXIST) of New Jersey. Mike was shooting the famous "Anna Nicole" a 32" Sterlingworth custom stocked by himself and came away with the high overall score of the day. Toolman fielded a very nice early 32" B grade and Foxist shot a 30" Sterlingworth with #1 weight barrels.
A FOX GETS THE GAME!
FOXIST

Post by FOXIST »

Looking over a very nice Parker at the 5-stand tent. L to R Dean, Larry, Mike, Dave and Steve.
A FOX GETS THE GAME!
FOXIST

Post by FOXIST »

Living up to the terms of the challenge Team Parker representative Dave presenting Toolman from Team FOX with the "Grant" that Team Parker intends to win back at Hidden Hollow.

A FOX GETS THE GAME!
FOXIST

Post by FOXIST »

Some of the challenge shooters L to R
Larry (Parker), Greg (shooting an L C Smith), Danny and Dave (Parker) and Toolman (Fox)

A FOX GETS THE GAME!
Parker16

Post by Parker16 »

I just wanted to congratulate Team Fox for a great showing on a tough course! I know we all had a great time and enjoyed some fun comradarie.

Boys don,t deposit that "Grant " just yet...We will be back!

Dave Suponski
Team Parker
FOXIST

Post by FOXIST »

Thanks Dave for all the hard work in putting this shoot together. We all had a wonderful time and look forward to seeing you all at HH. I have got to run, off to Virginia to pick up my daughter from College. I hope she will be able to shoot with us at Hidden Hollow. Paul
A FOX GETS THE GAME!
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

The "Parker Shooters" pictured under the green tent are Dean Romig, Larry Frey, and Dave Suponski, all active PGCA members and shooters at side by side events. Congratulations to Mike, Paul, and Steve for the big win. Bill Murphy
FOXIST

Post by FOXIST »

I forgot to mention, if you notice in the picture of the Fox team that we are sporting black and gray AHFCA patches that are a gift from Lifetime AHFCA member Brian who is stationed abroad in service to our country. Brian had these patches made up for his unit and in the latest ACU (advance combat uniform) colors. These are the latest in digital camoulflage wear. He sent along a few spares for us to Proudly wear at the Challenge shoot.
Brian, we will be wearing these proudly to all AHFCA shooting events!!! Thank You Brian Stay Safe and we will keep a spot open for you on the Fox shooting team when you back stateside. thanks Paul
A FOX GETS THE GAME!