Greasing Ejector guide pins?

Post your questions or seek advise regarding gunsmithing, restoration, repairs, ballistics, etc, etc.
Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Fox20obsessed

Re: Greasing Ejector guide pins?

Post by Fox20obsessed »

Hogwash.
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

Fox20obsessed wrote: When I shoot I’m all business and don’t play any games such as catching the ejected hulls in mid air or anything like that...I just shoot and kick the empties in a pile then pick them all up before leaving my position. I have too many other distractions to mess around with spent shotshell games when on station. -Matt
Who said anything about catching shells in mid-air? We're talking about trapping the shells as they leave the chamber and depositing them in the trash can on station, or in the rear pouch in the hunting field. And not "kicking them around", and picking them up later. What you don't seem to understand, or refuse to, is that some of us have developed a means of catching the hulls, without making a big show of it, and simply depositing them where needed. It was not a matter of effort, or show, but evolved over time. We are not trying to get you, or anyone else, to adopt this method, but just to accept that it is a viable means of effectively depositing our hulls where needed, while enjoying ejectors. But, evidently you seem to think it is showmanship, and a distraction.

FWIW, I do use spreader loads to a very effective end. I prefer to use spreader loads than to utilize choke tube changing to be ready for an unpredictable rabbit target. It works for me. Maybe I'm the only one. Changing choke tubes affects my focus. Using spreaders doesn't. I'm just strange that way. :oops:

It is also strange that different means of accomplishing the same end are so hard for some to accept.
Fox20obsessed

Post by Fox20obsessed »

:lol:
Fox20obsessed

Post by Fox20obsessed »

All I wanted to know was whether or not to grease the ejector guide pins. My question has been answered but thank you all for the additional wisdom.