Photographs of Stirlingworth 1913 action

Post your questions or seek advise regarding gunsmithing, restoration, repairs, ballistics, etc, etc.
Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
FoxandHound

Photographs of Stirlingworth 1913 action

Post by FoxandHound »

I am new to Fox land, and after stock removal, wanted to see interior photos of Stirlingworth, how the yoke of top lever resides on the bolt. Mine seems to roll on the bottom edge and not in the center.
The lever will sit to the left of center, but the action works fine, and locks tight, zero play in any of it.
I will not even ask for total disassembly video or exploded view. Surprised no one has made one as seen on a major US company complete disassembly of English box and side locks, and reassembly.
Thank you for looking.
Fin2Feather

Re: Photographs of Stirlingworth 1913 action

Post by Fin2Feather »

If you go to the home page and look at the tabs at the top there are disassembly instructions under the mech/style/factory letters tab. May give you what you need.
Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
FoxandHound

Post by FoxandHound »

Thank you for your looking. Not exactly what I was looking for as followed the disassembly shown. No problems, just I was looking for "next time" someone takes off the stock to photograph rear, sides, looking forward, close up etc. so I can see where the yoke sits against the bolt.
But again, thank you!
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

The locking bolt and yoke fit only one way and you can't assemble them on the lever spindle without being in the proper orientation. That may be easily seen if disassembled and you attempt re-assembly. If I follow you, that "roll" you described is due to the eccentrics involved with the yoke pin's fit into the bolt recess. Bottom line, you wrote that your break lever works properly and the barrels lock down, hence the mechanism must be assembled correctly. However if the break lever is left of center with barrels closed you're getting to the limit of the lockup and besides being a negative to most SxS enthusiasts that may need attention sooner or later.

frank
Aan