The well worn B I mentioned above.

Use this area to post pictures of you favorite Fox
kgb

The well worn B I mentioned above.

Post by kgb »

Waited 3 days then bought it myself, that being a reasonable cooling off period. I may build a temporary extension for it to shoot more than just the few shells I fired to make sure it functioned.

Bore, n. Shotgun enthusiast's synonym for "gauge" ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast." - Ed Zern
bbman3

Re: The well worn B I mentioned above.

Post by bbman3 »

Thanks for the pictures. Bobby
kgb

Post by kgb »

I figure it's a clone of all other B's of the era, but there's always a chance something was done differently that could be recorded.
Bore, n. Shotgun enthusiast's synonym for "gauge" ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast." - Ed Zern
Mills

Post by Mills »

Looking good
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

Looks like a nice old B-Grade that has been out doing what it was meant to.
Share the knowledge
kgb

Post by kgb »

Checkering is faded lines, would like to know where this one served its time.

There is some joint play which disappears when the bolt grabs ahold. Who do folks here use to tighten that up?
kgb

Post by kgb »

Looking again at the stampings on the barrel undersides the last marks to the left appeared to be brackets of some sort. The one on the right barrel reads as a 1 as viewed from the chamber end, but that is not where I've believed the weight stampings to be placed. Any positive identification of those marks?
Railey

Post by Railey »

Looks to be in very good condition. Congratz on the purchase and thanks for sharing the pics. They're brilliant.
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

That is an old warrior. I've got a couple like that, too. Something a little special about them in unmessed-with condition.

SRH
kgb

Post by kgb »

Stan, I had missed this the first time, but with the LOP at just over 12.5" would this gun be considered un messed-with? The stock will have to be altered to fit me well enough to shoot comfortably, and it's more likely I'll have it restocked to do it properly (without tossing the original). Is there a guide to the relative messings re: fixing buggered screws, removing bore pits, reblacking barrels, revitalizing engraving, etc. ? Some of those have got to be worse than others, beyond anything that would have to be done for safety or function issues.
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

No, that's messed with, definitely. I was basically meaning that there had been no attempts at refinishing/restoring, and still had all it's scarring. I should have been clearer.

I do love those wide top ribs. I've got several with that size myself.

SRH
kgb

Post by kgb »

Okay, thanks. It's got scarring to spare, worn down quite a bit without quite yet being worn out. I am unfamiliar with the rib width variations, this looks fine to me as does the one on a Lefever gun that seems to be on the wide side. The only ribs I suppose I haven't liked are on some LC Smiths, due to their height above the barrels.